jkeitz is offline New Member

AI (letrozole) for fat loss?

hello all I have a question about AI's and and SERM's effect on fat loss dieting. first some background. right now I am 5'8" 280lbs male and BF% of about 25 for the last 5 years I have been trying my darndest to loss this fat. ive fasted, starvation dieted, and done cardio till I was blue in the face (literally) a couple of months ago I went 6 weeks on a 1000 calorie a day diet while doing 4 hours of med-high intensity cardio a day didn't even lose 1 pound. not 1. right now im only 18 and im extremely frustrated as im afraid to be stuck with this weight for the rest of my life. im starting to think I have a serious estrogen excess as I also have a bad case of gyno. im planning on trying a 60 day hcg diet soon and was wondering if the addition of .5 mg of letrozole daily during that period would help reduce my estrogen levels and help promote fat loss as well as prevent the aromatization of any testosterone produced by the hcg stimulation. also I wanted to know if 10mg of nolvodex daily would interfere with weight loss or estrogen reduction as I have heard that by blocking estrogen receptors nolvodex increases estrogen levels.

p.s. also if it would help you to determine weather estrogen excess is the issue I have been the same weight of approx. 280-285 since I hit puberty but my BF% has drifted between 24 and 30

I would have put this on the hcg diet forum but they wouldn't have a clue what an AI or SERM was

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Stop... just stop. The HCG diet was aimed towards women, and frankly; is debated if it really works or not or if its the very cal deficient diet they were put on..

go to ur doc, check out thyroid levels, and discuss options with him.

DOnt use an AI for weight loss, it wont do much.

As for your options, u really dont wanna hear it but keep up a clean diet and cardio. Head over to the diet section and they can help u out, very smart guru's there. Dont try to mess w/ your hormones to lose the weight, unless under direction of a doctor.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hold everything.......Letro will dry you out a bit but it is very harsh and not to be used as a diet aid. If you think you have an estrogen issue then you really should go to a doctor and get some bloodwork to determine the facts. This would be the BEST thing you could do for yourself. You may have a thyroid issue that needs to be addressed as stated above. This is a great site and the guys will be more then willing to help you out once you get yourself on track with a visit to the doctor. There is no quick fix and the HCG diet will just make matters worse.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    Stop... just stop. The HCG diet was aimed towards women, and frankly; is debated if it really works or not or if its the very cal deficient diet they were put on..

go to ur doc, check out thyroid levels, and discuss options with him.

DOnt use an AI for weight loss, it wont do much.

As for your options, u really dont wanna hear it but keep up a clean diet and cardio. Head over to the diet section and they can help u out, very smart guru's there. Dont try to mess w/ your hormones to lose the weight, unless under direction of a doctor.
    This is pretty much what I would say word for word. Find out through bloodwork if there is a physioligic problem then address that with whatever the doc prescribes then address the normal wieght loss issues with CHANGES in diet not starvation and massive cardio. The nutrition forum is filled with guys who have great knowlege on diet changes that can be sustained over time, Changes in diet combined with sustainable cardio and resistance excersise, is the only thing that frequently will cause permanent wieght loss.

Thread Information