Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AsEpSiS

Thread: Does age affect PCT agressiveness?

SidVicious77 is offline Associate Member

Question Does age affect PCT agressiveness?

Hi guys, newbie question. Does how old you are affect how aggressively/long you have to do PCT? As in your natural test production would be more sluggish anyway, and you'd have to prod it harder and longer to get it going? Or am I overthinking it?

Does anyone have any inputs? It felt like it took the boys forever to restart after my cycle got over... to be fair my pct wasnt very aggressive.
    My stats: 36, 180 at 14 percent bf now, cut from 205 at 21 percent mid cycle. At the end of the cycle I was at 185 at 12 percent, so definitely lost some of the gains. Have just started getting proper pumps from my workouts over the last week. Or would I have had the same slow return ten years ago given that my pct was probably a bit weak?
    My cycle:
    Week 1-12: test e 250mg, deca 300mg
    Week 13-14: test e 250mg x 2
    Week 14 - 15.5: dianabol 30mg x e.d.
    Week 1-15.5: hcg 250iu x 2
    Pct (im at week 21 currently)
    Week 15.5-21.5: nolvadex 20mg x e.d.
    Last edited by SidVicious77; 05-31-2013 at 10:00 PM.

AsEpSiS is offline Associate Member
    Hey man. That was a really weak Pct! Seriously weak in my opinion. Next time go 100 100 50 50 with Clomid & 40 40 20 20 with nolva.

Serms are cheap....why chance your endocrine system by skimping out?

Also, i wouldn't use more Decca than Test, then discontinue the Decca only to add more Test again. Plus you tossed in Dbol for a week on the end?? I don't understand... That just seems odd, and would probably cause a big jump in hormonal balance.
    Last edited by AsEpSiS; 06-01-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Java Man likes this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I continue HCG throughout the cycle and pct but that's just me. You'll see a lot of different opinions on HCG duration. You have to start.somewhere though so experiment with it. Poster above is correct imo, you used a very low dose of tamox. I would include clomid but at 100 first pct day then drop to 50mg/day. Increase tamox to 40/day 1 morn 1 eve 1st couple of weeks then drop to 20 when it feels like your engine is running again. Probably not a.bad idea to get blood tests during pct so you can see how your body is responding and adjust as needed.

Thanks for the answers... I did feel it was weak while i was doing it but thats as much as I knew - and I thought Id done my research! Plus the cycle was a bit of a mess, agreed.
    Will definitely be smarter next time around.
    Should I do anything more at this stage? Take another few shots of hcg and run tamox and clomid again a little longer? Im in my last week of tamox, just started getting decent pumps again but muscles are smaller and refusing to go back up in size plus adding fat again trying to retain them.
    Somehow managed to hold onto strength, using the same poundages but had to drop a few reps here and there, and joints are feeling strained.
    Will be going in for bw in a couple of weeks... never did it before cycle which is another mistake.

According to your figures youre on week 5 or 6 of pct? Do you feel like your HPTA has normalized? The only way to tell for sure its blood tests but if your libido is good, you're producing sperm at normal or higher levels (mine wwent into overdrive with clomid/hcg /nolva), and your scrotum os hanging ten then youre gtg. If not, and you think youre still shut down or partially shut down:

Take 100mg clomid day 1, then 50mg/day for 2 more weeks, then 25mg for 2 more
    Take 40mg nolva/tamoxifen daily for 2 weeks, then 20mg for 2 more

If you can't get clomid:
    Get 5000 iu HCG and load.1500iu, then 200iu daily for the following 16 days. You'll be out of that vial of hcg and should be restarted. You can continue hcg for up to 3 months if needed. Keep it as short as possible-HCG isn't a long term thing. Its like a battery jump start. As I understand it Clomid and HCG shouldn't be taken together. It will confuse.your HPTA again.

Ogh yeah I forgot trip say you can expect to look and feel 'flat' compared.to the pumps you had on roids. That's normal. You aren't retaining nitrogen and ATP like you were.on juice. Don't quit working out! You'll lose all of your gains.

Thanks for the replies mate. Hell no way Im gonna stop working out but have had to cut back on the frequency because recovery is way down, especially with joints.
    Scrotum is back to hanging low, I feel like theyre producing test since sex drive, agression and motivation are ok, but cant shake the feeling Im at the lower end of where I used to be normally.
    Frankly, scared to come off the tamox next week... have four more pills left to go. Bloodwork is the only way to know for sure of course but here its easier to get gear (otc) than it is to get reliable lab tests... anyway Ill see how it goes... if I find myself crashing next week maybe ill restart Pct the way you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by AsEpSiS View Post
    Hey man. That was a really weak Pct! Seriously weak in my opinion. Next time go 100 100 50 50 with Clomid & 40 40 20 20 with nolva.

Serms are cheap....why chance your endocrine system by skimping out?

Also, i wouldn't use more Decca than Test, then discontinue the Decca only to add more Test again. Plus you tossed in Dbol for a week on the end?? I don't understand... That just seems odd, and would probably cause a big jump in hormonal balance.
    I wanted to keep the test going while letting the deca move out of my system, and I went on the dbol to keep test up while getting off the test e as I didnt have access to a short estered test... messy and badly planned I know...
    But youre totally right about pct being seriously weak.. that was because Id heard there was no need to run tamox and clomid both... next time round my cycle and pct will be smarter for sure.

Thread Information