Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: PCT and emotional issues

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member

PCT and emotional issues

I have been having major emotional issues since the end of a Test/Tren cycle. They did not happen after my last nearly identical cycle a year ago (of course, I was also falling madly in love at the time...) The only other major differences would be that I used less Test this time, and no HCG whatsoever during cycle or after.

My log will show details of the cycle, PCT, etc.
    http://forums.steroid.com/members-cy...diary-log.html

Depression, sadness and anxiety, are what I've been experiencing the past 3-4 weeks. I had thought it was all dependent on a relationship that has run into trouble/ended (I'm in limbo), but as I look back, my reactions to it and how I feel are greatly magnified. Relationships have always been a weak part of me and effect me strongly, so I wrote it off to that, but I think ending my cycle right when it started has had some effect.

My sex drive is also non-existent over the past 3 weeks. I have not had sex or whacked it in 3 weeks either. Again, I had kinda chalked it up to my relationship ending, but... I'm kinda hoping that not using it at all will help bring test levels back to normal quicker? I've read that whacking/sex may lower test levels?

I've been following my PCT religiously, but without blood work, there's no way to gauge my E2 and Test levels. My PCT treatment ends in two days. I know nothing without blood work, but I sure hope my Test comes back soon!

Any comments or suggestions?

lla23 is offline Junior Member
    Hey man... I suggest u to read up on Ronnie Rowland's thread on the slingshot program cycle... Got a feeling that ur PCT is not doing right... I remember he talks about some pct stuff affects a person's emotionally.

I believe I have read it. If I'm not mistaken it has to do with using a test maintenance dose between cycles. That's not something I'm interested in, I'd like to keep my natural system working as long as I can.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Oh bro - oh

I am in the same exact place. Things are very difficult right now, I am on a emotional roller coaster, my libido has just vanished.

Of course this causes more issues. My girl is breathing down my neck and is also in a very bad spot due to recent shit.

Along with this I have a long drug use history which I have curbed. But, now all of this garbage is just crashing at once & is starting to bring me back in.

I feel real rough at times, crazy shit to hear this from someone else. I thought it was just me.

Yet, I am still lifting damn near as well. Lifting is the only thing that seems to help right now.

Only other thing I do is give myself timeouts. I will just read for a few hours. Afterwards I seem better. I'm just trying to let this pass. . . But it sure is cumbersome.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Pct can be an extremely challenging time. I remember in my 20's (now 43) doing cycles with no Pct (wasn't around then) and having to accept 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Well.........even with all the great Pct stuff available now and all of the information out there, the feeling is the same......being off cycle svcks!!!!
    How to deal with it: At 43, I have come to the conclusion that I will never be a competitive bodybuilder and that my genetics are average at best. With that said and given my age, isn't it better to put on hopefully 4 maybe 5 quality lbs. on cycle then zero if I wasn't on cycle. Multiply that by two cycles a year and the net gain is actually pretty good.
    Focus on the positive: Yes, you will shrink and not walk around pumped all day. Well, look around no one else is walking around like that either. Look to this as a hobby that you enjoy and when the cycle is over, put your energy towards another hobby until it is time to cycle again. Once the juice controls you, there is a problem and it will interfere with every aspect of your life.
    I had my day as a big juicer and it wrecked alot of oppurtunities when I was younger. I had to finally walk away from it all together for 15 years. DON'T let being off cycle get the best of you guys, keep your expectations real, and try to think "Fit for LIfe"

Samson - Sorry to hear it bro. Don't take this wrong, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one.
    I am still lifting, and much of my strength remains still. Hell, on my triceps, I feel like I'm getting even stronger. I think that's a good thing, because it means I'm holding onto the actual MUSCLE - even if the water has drained out of it, and I feel flat.
    Yes, finding something to ease the pain is enormous - even if it only lasts a while. I might be dragging, and hate going to a work out, but inevitably, I feel better when I'm done, even if only for a short while.
    I know you know, but Alcohol/drugs just make it worse. Try your damndest not to get sucked back in. I lost the love of my life 9 months ago to alcoholism. Even so, I can't say I haven't had a few too many drinks on a couple recent nights... But it doesn't help anything. This new situation I'm in (or not) messes with me too. Just... Go to the gym I guess.

Buster Brown -
    Wow man, thank you. This is the first time my emotions have really f*k'd with me. The last big cycle I came off, I was in an amazing time of my life, so I don't think anything could have brought me down. I too am 43, and I have had the same thoughts you have... If my net gain is 3-4 pounds, well that's AMAZING for a scrawny ecto like me. But, I've also done my homework on this board, and read the countless stories of guys like you who've gone the hard PCT (or lack of) road after cycles that were too long. What you say about responsible, moderate use is golden. If anything, I think my next cycle will be even shorter - like 10 weeks max. And, I will try to time things so that maybe I'm in a more stable place emotionally by the time I get to PCT. - it REALLY kicks your ass otherwise.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    Buster Brown -
    Wow man, thank you. This is the first time my emotions have really f*k'd with me. The last big cycle I came off, I was in an amazing time of my life, so I don't think anything could have brought me down. I too am 43, and I have had the same thoughts you have... If my net gain is 3-4 pounds, well that's AMAZING for a scrawny ecto like me. But, I've also done my homework on this board, and read the countless stories of guys like you who've gone the hard PCT (or lack of) road after cycles that were too long. What you say about responsible, moderate use is golden. If anything, I think my next cycle will be even shorter - like 10 weeks max. And, I will try to time things so that maybe I'm in a more stable place emotionally by the time I get to PCT. - it REALLY kicks your ass otherwise.
    No doubt bro, I am sticking to the 8 weekers from now on and just trying to have some fun with it. When I used Torem last Pct, I felt great and didn't get the mood swings like I did with clom. PM me anytime to chat, take the bull by the horns and don't let this get the best of you! stay focused.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    No doubt bro, I am sticking to the 8 weekers from now on and just trying to have some fun with it. When I used Torem last Pct, I felt great and didn't get the mood swings like I did with clom. PM me anytime to chat, take the bull by the horns and don't let this get the best of you! stay focused.
    Oatmeal, if you used clomid, what dose (especially that first week) did you run? This could be the source of some of your issue???

Blog Entries
    The Clomid is a biotech for sure. But, it does work very well. With me coming off such a long run it seems to be working very well. Bawls are damn near back to normal.

But, the mood swings are a bitch. Sometimes they seem so quick, straight out of nowhere ill just start freaking out.

Don't know about you, but my main cause of mood swings and depression swings is from a straight sudden libido crash.

At least so far I have managed not to just drop back on the sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I'm most definitely going to try Toremifene next time.
    For this Cycle I used Exemestane throughout, and continued that into my PCT along with Tamoxifen . Will definitely try something else next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Oatmeal, if you used clomid, what dose (especially that first week) did you run? This could be the source of some of your issue???
    I've not used Toremifene, but I used Clomid the cycle before this one for PCT along with Tamoxifen. While on Cycle I used Arimidex .
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    The Clomid is a biotech for sure. But, it does work very well. With me coming off such a long run it seems to be working very well. Bawls are damn near back to normal.
    But, the mood swings are a bitch. Sometimes they seem so quick, straight out of nowhere ill just start freaking out.
    Don't know about you, but my main cause of mood swings and depression swings is from a straight sudden libido crash.
    At least so far I have managed not to just drop back on the sauce.
    For me, my main source is relationship issues I'm having. Things which may be stressful or depressing normally, just spiral WAY out of proportion now.
    Last edited by oatmeal69; 07-15-2013 at 03:08 PM.

I used exemestane throughout on this cycle, and then upped the dose and added Tamoxifen for PCT. This was all based on the Tren thread I posted about in my log.
    I'm wondering if the exemestane kinda made a tolerance or something during my cycle, and I've kinda under dosed my PCT as a result?
    Next time I will use one SERM during cycle, and switch to a different one and add Tamoxifen for PCT.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69
    For me, my main source is relationship issues I'm having. Things which may be stressful or depressing normally, just spiral WAY out of proportion now.
    I hear that, like I said best way to deal with shit like that is just think back that you are passing time and that's it. Easier said than done, that I know. . . . But, everything else to me doesn't seem all too awful. But, along with my new found sobriety the other thing I notice is that damn near everything gives me annoying anxiety.

Good luck man, just the way shit is I guess.
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 07-15-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Thread Information