ripcord is offline New Member

Help understanding "iu"

Howdy All,

I'm doing my research on...well, everything. And right now I'm on HCG . I keep seeing doses discussed in "iu"s while other doses are explained in mg or cc. Those terms I understand. A popular dictionary site says "the mass or volume that constitutes one international unit varies based on which substance is being measured. "

So that tells me an iu can be ANY amount.
    Does HCG come already measured for its appropriate iu? Or are there conversion calculations that must be done to establish dosage. I'm assuming it is injected.

And same question for other PCT items. Does each come measured for its own specific iu?

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    hcg comes dosed in various iu configurations and you can further control dosage by the amount of bacterostatic water you use to dilute the powder.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I dont get it, you say your on HCG but then u ask how it comes? How can you be on it if you don't even know how much your doing?

Which brings me too my next question. I found another post that broke it down in a manner I could understand. So I'm looking at a source that sells apps of 1500iu. However the cycle I'm researching suggests 500iu/week. QUESTION: how long can the compound stay "good" once the bac water has been added. Specifically, could it remain hydrated for 3 weeks and be effective?

Thanks for the answer so far.
    Last edited by ripcord; 01-16-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    IU is just a meassuring unit, same as grams, pounds etc...

ironbeck- Sorry - I guess I worded that wrong.....I should have said "My research has currently brought me to the subject of HCG ." To be clear, I'm not on anything right now. Just gathering all the facts and making sure I understand everything.

Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcord View Post
    ironbeck- Sorry - I guess I worded that wrong.....I should have said "My research has currently brought me to the subject of HCG." To be clear, I'm not on anything right now. Just gathering all the facts and making sure I understand everything.
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...njections.html
    HCG - Steroid .com

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Iu stands for international units. If you reconstitute hcg and put in your refrigerator it will stay good for along time. I mix 5,000 ius at a whack and use 500 ius a week. That's roughly 10 weeks ....more like 9 because a little gets lost.

Thread Information