Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OutThere

Thread: Why do people claim that letro reverses gyno?

Pericu is offline Junior Member

Why do people claim that letro reverses gyno?

Hej folks,

what I wonder is why do people claim that letro is reversing gyno?

Nolva, ralox and other drugs are shown to to decrease brust tissue/gyno in a couple of studies.

But still I see a lot of people recommending letro for gyno treatment.

- Are there any studies backing that claim?

- due to the effect of letro, I can't see why it should be effective in reversing gyno. If I miss something of the effect of letro, please feel free to enlighten me

Avi3510 is offline Associate Member
    There's a thead on it. Letro will do it, but at the risk of crashing your e2. That's why serms are recommended. You obviously still need to be on an ai and more than likely will have to increase your dose because the dose you were on did not prevent gyno. But adding a serm like ralox or Nolva and adjusting your ai is the way to go.

So when I said you still need to be on an ai, I was saying that under the assumption this was occurring mid cycle. If not, I think you could just use a serm, but I'm not positive on that.

No sorry. With "reversing" I meant a gyno which is present even off cycle. Still I see a lot of people recommending letro protocols and always it's without an explaination.

Of course you will want to run an Ai during the cycle to fight gyno but to reverse it when it's present, the only way is to go with particular serms, isn't it?

Never understood why people claim that letro reverses gyno even off cycle. If there are any studies backing this or if I miss an effect of letro which could explain why it should be supposed to reverse gyno, I would reallylike to know

It will reverse it, just at the risk again of crashing e2. Which is why serms are way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Avi3510 View Post
    It will reverse it, just at the risk again of crashing e2. Which is why serms are way to go
    Why should it?
    Please explain why you think it reverses gyno. The mechanism behind that claim and maybe even back it with studies.

So many people just say "it simply is that way" without backing that claim with facts

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericu View Post
    Hej folks,

what I wonder is why do people claim that letro is reversing gyno?
    Bc it's our truth/experience. Of all the ancillary meds, letro is king when it comes to gyno reversal.

Warning: letro therapy not for your average drive by....

Quote Originally Posted by Pericu
    Never understood why people claim that letro reverses gyno even off cycle.
    Who advises intense letro usage to combat gyno while off testosterone ? Unsure how you do not understand this complex/controversial issue. It obviously goes against common wisdom to tackle one's estrogen issues while sustaining hormone therapy...the answer to successfully reversing gyno is to not tank all your sex hormones....

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Bc it's our truth/experience. Of all the ancillary meds, letro is king when it comes to gyno reversal.
    Please don't do this. "Because it works, that's why" please back it then why it works, what mechanism is behind it that reverses gyno?

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Unsure how you do not understand this complex/controversial issue. It obviously goes against common wisdom to tackle one's estrogen issues while sustaining hormone therapy...the answer to successfully reversing gyno is to not tank all your sex hormones....
    I really do not know what you're trying to say...sorry...

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    letro is a powerful aromatase inhibitor, the mechanism is that it prevents armoatization of testosterone in the body ( that converts to it to estrogen) however it is not specific for breast tissue like the SERMs are. It inhibits estrogen production in the body which will reduce gyno ( because gyno is fed by estrogen) but the systemic effects are so powerful that it is not used wisely for solely gynocomastia reversal.

OutThere is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    letro is a powerful aromatase inhibitor, the mechanism is that it prevents armoatization of testosterone in the body ( that converts to it to estrogen) however it is not specific for breast tissue like the SERMs are. It inhibits estrogen production in the body which will reduce gyno ( because gyno is fed by estrogen) but the systemic effects are so powerful that it is not used wisely for solely gynocomastia reversal.
    When you annihilate all your e2 it changes cellular gene expression and reverses early gyno growth. Takes about two weeks. If you're really wanting an aggressive treatment for gyno best course is to wipe out your e2 for at least 2 weeks and run Nolva at the same time.
    956Vette likes this.

OutThere is offline Banned
    Please don't do this. "Because it works, that's why" please back it then why it works, what mechanism is behind it that reverses gyno?
    The level of e2 in your system determines things like how much and where you will store fat. Take away the e2 and up the androgens and the estrogenic fat leaves the hips, breasts etc. With gyno wiping out your e2 will cause a change in how the cells throughout the body behave. It signals cells to stop and reverse course in breast tissue so long as it's not too far advanced.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries

I really do not know what you're trying to say...sorry...

This is a very simple concept to grasp with a moderate understanding of gyno and the meds in question an their effects.
    SERMS treat gyno by blocking the e2 receptor in breasts tissue. This will obviously prevent gyno from forming but also because some serms are so effective at blocking e2 in this tissue they actually "starve" te tissue if e2 it needs to survive. Without the necessary e2 apoptosis occurs and the cells can actually die.
    Letro is such an effective ai it can literally lower e2 levels systemically to the point that it robs the breast tissue of gyno to the same extent a SERM would, illicit the same effect. The problem with letro is it robs the entire body of e2 in the process. This is very unpleasant and also unhealthy. That is why SERMS are, IMO, by far the most prudent treatment option but you asked how letro can accomplish gyno reversal, I hope this explanation clarifies that for you. It is by no means an endorsement for letro, in fact my stance is the opposite, but it should answer your question.

Thanks for the answers going more into detail for the why's and how's. Sums up what I was asking for

Thread Information