kirkjamest is offline Junior Member

When do I stop Adex?

Hello again, first time Cycle for a 49 year old. 12 week cycle of T-Cyp at 400mg/week and I took the last injection on Saturday. Followed the Austinite protocol with NAC, HCG 250iu subq 2X/week and A-Dex.

I ran the A-Dex at .5mg 2X/week. In the first three weeks my E2 dropped to half its baseline and was too low at 14 so I cut back to .25 3X/week. Basically a 33% drop.

The E2 leveled out over the next four weeks which was week 7 into the cycle. Bloodwork showed it was 24 which was very close to my baseline. As a result I stayed on that dose. So, over the next three weeks (weeks 8-11) I started to develop acne on my back in small amounts but last week it kind of blew up which just so happens to be my last week of injections.

The Acne is not bad but is has me bothered because I had severe acne as a child and quite frankly I think I still have a little PTSD from that, lol. Actually I know I do, it was a very disturbing part of my life but hey, what teenager doesn't suffer at some point.

Anyway, I'm guessing my E2 is now too high but as I stated above, I took my last injection Saturday and I figure it is too late now to determine if my E2 is too high, or maybe not.

So, I have two questions. 1. Given the fact that I start PCT in 16 days would you all recommend I get BW to test E2 and attempt to drop it if it is too high before PCT? 2. Austinite's thread recommends taking the AI up until PCT but doesn't quite define what "up until" means, so when do I stop the A-Dex, given it has a 46 hour half life?

It seems to me getting BW now may not even work because I won't get the results until I'm about 6 days out from starting PCT and at that point, if it is too high, can I actually do anything about it before PCT? I'm perplexed on this one and I am tempted to increase the dose of A-Dex to the original amount or maybe a bit higher to .5mg 3X/week.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, kirk out

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Stop the dex the day before you start pct. running labs to see what is going on is always a good thing cause it takes the guess work out. Then you know exactly what you need to do

Ok, so if the E2 comes back too high and I only have 6 days left until I start PCT would you suggest I do increase the Adex until the start of PCT or will the nolva and cc take care of this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkjamest
    Ok, so if the E2 comes back too high and I only have 6 days left until I start PCT would you suggest I do increase the Adex until the start of PCT or will the nolva and cc take care of this problem?
    lots of variables there. Depends on your testosterone level and the e levels and how close they match. At 6 days away from starting pct your body's test levels should be dropping. With that being said you shouldn't have as much extra test aromatize So your e level shouldn't be that high but the labs will take the guess work out. How high was your estro before and what was your test level?

When you write, "before" are you referring to pre-cylce bloodwork? Well let me do this.

Pre-Cycle
    E2 was 24.3 Range 8-35
    Test 524 Range 348-1197
    Free Test 10.8 Range 6.8-21.5

Three weeks into cycle:
    E2 was 13.9
    Test was 1987
    Free Test 45.9

That is when I decreased the E2 by 33 percent.

Week 7
    E2 was 24.6
    Test was 2737.9
    Free T was 184.53

I decided then I would just run the adex at .25 3X/week and have done so since. I have no other blood work as of right now.

Your level looks good your going to have some acne as you approach Pct because of the influx of androgens

Okay, cool, then what I hear ya saying is just stick to this protocol of Adex and run it until the day before PCT? Keep in mind the last blood work I got is now five weeks old so my levels may be quite different.

But it does make sense that as the T goes down, not as much T will aromatize to E2 and the current regiment of Adex should bring any possible elevated E2 down between now ant PCT? Am I following your same logic?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkjamest View Post
    Okay, cool, then what I hear ya saying is just stick to this protocol of Adex and run it until the day before PCT? Keep in mind the last blood work I got is now five weeks old so my levels may be quite different.

But it does make sense that as the T goes down, not as much T will aromatize to E2 and the current regiment of Adex should bring any possible elevated E2 down between now ant PCT? Am I following your same logic?
    Yes with it only being 6 days out from starting pct i would just finish things out and let your body recover

Thread Information