Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Couchlock

Thread: PCT Complete - Question

keeef is offline New Member

PCT Complete - Question

Hi everyone,

I finished a 500mg test E cycle at the beginning of April, left two weeks, and then began PCT protocol. I kept a detailed log of my weight and any changes in strength which I thought pertinent to my log:

PCT began as Nolva 40mg only, but after further reading, I dropped it to 20mg, and 50mg Clomid.

24 April 2017 - Beginning of PCT - 206.6Lbs on Sunday Night (23rd of April) (off creatine for a few days, since arriving in back at University)
    31 April 2017 - 1st week complete - 201.6Lbs - Strength drop slightly, must have retained a bunch of water leading to such a large drop?
    8 May 2017 - 2nd week complete - 201.0Lbs - increased strength on some lifts this week, creatine restarted at 10g/day
    15 May 2017 - 3rd week complete - 202.0Lbs - strength steady +1lb
    22 May 2017 - 4th week complete (final PCT week) 197.6Lbs (eating dropped off a little/cut out Serious Mass and trained twice, maybe missed a day or two of PCT medication)

I guess this is more a question about my diets role in the loss of weight during this final week of PCT, as surely cutting the calories a little bit from around 3300-3800 on some days, to 2800-3000 wouldn't account for such a drastic drop of over 4lbs in one week? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I was really thrilled that my weight went up by 1lb that third week, but its slightly disheartening to have this drop right at the final hurdle!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Perfectly normal to lose weight after cycle, 5 to 10 pounds.

When you are on AAS allows more glycogen store in muscles, each gram of this glycogen requires 4 grams of water. So when AAS not present you gradually let go of this glycogen/water.

Also increased estrogen will trap water in fat and tissues, so some loss is due to that.

keeef is offline New Member
    Hmm, yeah, I just sorta assumed that after the first initial drop off it wouldn't happen again but perhaps it did. Thats interesting.

In the future would you recommend doing different AAS that create less water retention? Say, trade the Test E for Test P and perhaps an oral like Tbol (which I took in the past with great results).

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keeef View Post
    Hmm, yeah, I just sorta assumed that after the first initial drop off it wouldn't happen again but perhaps it did. Thats interesting.

In the future would you recommend doing different AAS that create less water retention? Say, trade the Test E for Test P and perhaps an oral like Tbol (which I took in the past with great results).
    You just won't have much water to loose with short ester.

So its all half a dozen no matter how its cut
    Jphunter likes this.

Jphunter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    You just won't have much water to loose with short ester.

So its all half a dozen no matter how its cut
    The drop in calories didn't help either . Coming off the compound your body is in a highly catabolic state ( which it wants to devour itself ) . Try doing the opposite next time . 3 weeks or so before you go on pct drop your calories in the form of carbs then when you hit your pct bring your clean carbs back up your calories to try and protect your muscles . Some guys benefit greatly from a calorie rebound .

Thread Information