Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Toremifen instead of Tamoxifen after NPP

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member

Toremifen instead of Tamoxifen after NPP

I post a question about this in a different part of the forum. I botched the question and couldn't find this info.
    So, this is on the website of a supplier:
    "CAUTION: Tamoxifen on nandrolone cycles and on PCT (post cycle therapy) can strengthen progestogenic activity of nandrolone, so it should not be used. Clomid or toremifene are recommended for PCT after all 19-nor testosterone modifications."
    Can anyone expand upon this?

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds more like broscience than anything - progestogenic activity in what regard? Prolactin? Gyno? HPTA suppression? Progesterone activity is ultimately allowed by estrogen and tamoxifen being a mixed agonist/antagonist at the ER can theoretically act in synergy with any progestin but not at the sites of our interest - it's showed to reduce prolactin, increases FSH/LH in both males/woman with intact HPTA and normal progesterone levels, and it blocks ER in the breast.
    Quester and Obs like this.

Thanks Biz,
    My specific concern is with regard to PCT: not just the HPTA access but restoring normal hormonal levels. If Tamox prevents progesterone from going back to normal. The following articles suggest that Tamox has Progesterone activity. Does it take place outside of the tumors associated with breast cancer? IDK, I can't find anything on it. However, specifically in regard to PCT, I would like to find a substitute for Tamox.
    The following info all relates to Tamoxifen in it's use for female breast cancer.
    I did some research on this and may originate with breast cancer studies in which the progesterone activity of Tamoxifen resulted in desirable outcomes with regard to tumors having Progesterone positive nuclei.
    "High progesterone receptor expression correlates to the effect of adjuvant tamoxifen in premenopausal breast cancer patients."
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16899609
    "RESULTS:
    CONCLUSIONS:

AND
    "High progesterone receptor expression correlates to the effect of adjuvant tamoxifen in premenopausal breast cancer patients."
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16899609
    "RESULTS:
    CONCLUSIONS:

AND, this last one is more current, easier to read and well-illustrated.
    Solving a breast cancer mystery ? why do ?double-positive? women do better? - Cancer Research UK - Science blog
    maybe this is to technical to elicit comment?

OOPS! I guess I got so confused with the info that I posted the same article twice...

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Thanks Biz,
    My specific concern is with regard to PCT: not just the HPTA access but restoring normal hormonal levels. If Tamox prevents progesterone from going back to normal. The following articles suggest that Tamox has Progesterone activity. Does it take place outside of the tumors associated with breast cancer? IDK, I can't find anything on it. However, specifically in regard to PCT, I would like to find a substitute for Tamox.

tamoxifen alone is much more effective than ER+ tumours, case in which tamoxifen only serves as an adjunct to AI.

In the male, most of the circulating progesterone comes from the Testes as stimulated by LH (and thus maintained by HCG also), together with other good stuff like pregnenolone and DHEA, and the remainder from the adrenals. It's a rather understudied and underrated hormone when it comes to males, it's so much more than a gestational hormone , both men and women display same very levels outside luteal phase so it's not even strictly a sex, female hormone.

It's not evil so to speak, but a factor in overall endocrine homeostasis.

Again , I don't see anything of concern after "alterations from 19-nors" when tamoxifen is used for PCT, but if anyone has any empirical evidence to show from personal experience he's welcome to chime in and share... I don't know much about toremifene and PCT but raloxifene is an effective substitute.

Perhaps it has something to do with the information coming from an online distributor, Pharmacom, that doesn't carry Nolvadex (Tamox).
    Obs likes this.

Occam's razor then.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    My opinion, I have used nolva to keep already developed gyno at bay on npp. I literally made a gyno knot disappear on cycle of npp ith nolva.
    Quester likes this.

Thread Information