Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By The God Himself
  • 1 Post By JohnnyBreeze
  • 1 Post By The God Himself

Thread: HMG or HCG for PCT

pksc is offline Junior Member

HMG or HCG for PCT

Recovery is very hard with me, last time I had to run pct for like 3-4 months for recovery.

This time I made a mistake, I forgot to continue HCG in off time, its PCT time now. My LH and FSH is 0. Someone suggested me to run PCT for 1.5-2 months with 150iu HMG or 500iu HCG twice a week for 15-20 days atleast with PCT, he preferred HMG for fast recovery. I know difference between HCG and HMG, but want to know how HMG is going to help in faster recovery and does this cycle is gonna work? Rest is ok in blood report. It's been 1 month now from last test shot but in reports it's still showing very high level of testosterone total. Shall I wait more or start PCT now?

Cycle details:
    Tren blend - 200mg/2x week for 10 weeks
    Test blend - 200mg/2x week for 12 weeks
    Primo: 200mg/2x week last 2 weeks
    Caber: 0.25mg/2x week for 2 weeks(week later after Primo)

My standard PCT:
    Nolva: 10mg/daily (4 weeks) 20mg 1st week
    Clomid: 50mg/daily (4 weeks) 75mg 1st week

Is there anything I can add to PCT for faster and 100% recovery (budget is not an issue)

* Lipid is not good, cholesterol issue
    Last edited by pksc; 02-01-2020 at 08:15 AM.

JohnnyBreeze is offline Junior Member
    What is HMG? Did he mean a statin (HMG inhibitor)? How bad are your lipids, can you post those numbers? You may really need a statin for your cardiovascular health. Tren can do that.

I haven't cycled in over 15 years, but I am planning for my first in about 3-6 months. All of the stickies in the PCT section and a lot of veteran members recommend running HcG during your cycle, not afterword. I'm not saying that to be condescending, just something to read up on and consider if you plan on cycling again. That information has changed since my last, I was surprised by it, a lot has. I'm not sure exactly what you should do, but I know that people with more experience than I have will suggest running the Nolvadex at 20mg (maybe 40mg) for a few weeks or longer before coming down. Also, probably the clomid at 100mg at least for a few weeks before coming down to 50mg. I do know that there is nothing you can take that will guarantee 100% recovery, though.

I hope some people with more experience will reply and help you get this sorted out.
    Last edited by JohnnyBreeze; 02-01-2020 at 12:28 PM.

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    HMG is Human Menopausal Gonadotropin, it also mimics FSH while HCG only mimics LH.
    Your FSH and LH levels are 0 because you're shutdown and that is expected. Using HCG throughout cycle does NOT prevent shutdown (hence wouldn't increase your FSH/LH anyway), it is used because it keeps your testicles working and sensitized hence improves your chance of recovery.

What you can do now, is to do HCG until PCT while taking low dose arimidex . (to sensitize your testicles again and also lower E2 before PCT will increase your chances of recovery, since E2 shuts your anterior pituitary down)
    From what I see in your post, your cycle took 12 weeks. It doesn't sound like a long cycle to me and you can still do fine without hCG. Instead of making last minute changes, sticking to your plan can also work. It's up to you.
    Remember that, your recovery can still fail even if you take hCG and other ancillaries. 99% of time HPTA shutdowns are reversible, but there are cases where people end up with TRT after a light cycle even though they did heavier cycles before and recovered without issues. With every cycle you do, you're increasing the risk of permanent HPTA issues.
    If you aren't comfortable with the idea of TRT, I advise you to stop doing more cycles.

What esters does your test blend include? There are guides in forum, you can check them to see how long you should wait before PCT.
    Last edited by The God Himself; 02-02-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    JohnnyBreeze and JaneDoe like this.

JohnnyBreeze is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The God Himself View Post
    HMG is Human Menopausal Gonadotropin, it also mimics FSH while HCG only mimics LH.
    Your FSH and LH levels are 0 because you're shutdown and that is expected. Using HCG throughout cycle does NOT prevent shutdown (hence wouldn't increase your FSH/LH anyway), it is used because it keeps your testicles working and sensitized hence improves your chance of recovery.
    Thanks for this, even though it's not my thread. So much has changed since my las cycle long ago, so I'm still learning as much as I can before I start.
    The God Himself likes this.

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBreeze View Post
    Thanks for this, even though it's not my thread. So much has changed since my las cycle long ago, so I'm still learning as much as I can before I start.
    Glad I could help. The learning never ends!!
    JohnnyBreeze likes this.

pksc is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The God Himself View Post

What you can do now, is to do HCG until PCT while taking low dose arimidex . (to sensitize your testicles again and also lower E2 before PCT will increase your chances of recovery, since E2 shuts your anterior pituitary down)
    From what I see in your post, your cycle took 12 weeks. It doesn't sound like a long cycle to me and you can still do fine without hCG. Instead of making last minute changes, sticking to your plan can also work. It's up to you.
    Remember that, your recovery can still fail even if you take hCG and other ancillaries. 99% of time HPTA shutdowns are reversible, but there are cases where people end up with TRT after a light cycle even though they did heavier cycles before and recovered without issues. With every cycle you do, you're increasing the risk of permanent HPTA issues.
    If you aren't comfortable with the idea of TRT, I advise you to stop doing more cycles.

What esters does your test blend include? There are guides in forum, you can check them to see how long you should wait before PCT.
    Will TRT solve infertility issue?

Longest is decanoate, imo

Thread Information