BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

This makes me wanna use HCG in all of my cycles!

From bodybuilding.com:
    So we now see, contrary to the dominating opinion of the times, that anti-estrogens alone will do little to raise testosterone levels in the early weeks of the post-cycle window. This leaves us to focus on a very different level of the HPTA in order to hasten recovery: the testes. For this we will need the injectable drug HCG . If you are not familiar with it, HCG, or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin , is a prescription fertility agent that mimics the bodies own natural LH.

Although the testes are equally desensitized to this drug as LH (they both work through the same mechanism), we are administering it as a measured drug and are therefore not constrained by the limits of our own LH production. We similarly can use HCG to provide a bolus dose of LH (of our choosing), which works only to augment the recovering LH levels we already have in the body. In essence we are looking to shock them with an overwhelmingly high level of LH activity, coming from both endogenous and exogenous sources.

We want it to reach a level far above what our body, even when supported by anti-estrogens, could possibly do on its own. The result can be a rapid restoration of original testicular mass and functioning, which would allow normal levels of testosterone to be output much sooner than without such an ancillary program. What we are looking at now is HCG actually being the pivotal post-cycle drug, while anti-estrogens are relegated to a supportive role at best.

So why not use HCG in all post cycle therapies followed by clomid/nolva.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That article from Bill Llewyllen (sp) has been around a long time. Yes testicular atrophy is very inhibitory so on a long cycle where testicular mass is significantly reduced using it prior to PCT can be helpful. Otherwise it doesn't really help that much.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    That article from Bill Llewyllen (sp) has been around a long time. Yes testicular atrophy is very inhibitory so on a long cycle where testicular mass is significantly reduced using it prior to PCT can be helpful. Otherwise it doesn't really help that much.
    what types of cycles does one usually experience this. I mean, dont most cycles even just test cause testicular atrophy so wouldnt it be good to take it.

I also think that using it in a back to back day 500IU each is a much better way to go than repeated uses throughout a cycle. It doesn't take much to "shock" the boys, and why risk any degree of desensitization to LH? Just prior to pct I think it definitely has its merits at times.

Well, being a HUGE HCG Fan, I concur, with the possible exception of the Author's reference to "Post Cycle". Don't get me wrong, I've done more HCG Post Cycle than any other time, because "Back in the day", that's how it was done, period, you just didn't question it (Though I always did wonder why we didn't just do it all the time)
    But since then, studies have shown that HCG, by mimicing the Leutenizing Hormone so well, prevents endogenus LH from being recreated, leaving the Pituitary out of the recovery loop.
    But I believe it to be not only helpful, but necessary, to run HCG all along, near the end, and even 2-3 weeks after your last shot, if the esters you were running had an active life that warrant this extended method.
    TSW

Thread Information