Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    IMO arnolds legs and abs were severely lagging..his chest though is out of this world..they were their own bodies huge and perfect in shape..but like said a dozen times already..you can't really compare the two...how many home runs would babe ruth have hit if he juiced (mcquire, sosa) it's all speculation..
    i think almost all bbs back in arnold's era had lagging legs.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Lmafao how the hell is arnie remotely better than coleman. As long as coleman keeps his gut sucked in, hes pretty much faultless, this year he was hard as a rock and dry as a bone. Arnold had terrible symmetry and proportion - his bis were as big as his tris, when tris should be two thirds of the arm, look at coleman and ull see that his arms are perfectly proportioned,arnie had one arm considerably bigger than the other arnie also had a chest far bigger than his back, his rear delts were underdeveloped. Pretty much coleman has perfect symmetry from one sid eto the other and the development of each muscle group is in almost perfect proportion to his others. Look at this front double bi of ron this year, his waist seems to have actually got slimmer, the other pic speaks for itself.
    Btw Haney is the best, even big ron says so!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold vs Ronnie-coleman2005.jpg   Arnold vs Ronnie-aabn0450.jpg  

Flexor is offline Banned
    Arnie has the chest and biceps that will beat anyone...as well as the best overall aesthetic look apart from a few symmetry problems.

Coleman looks like an IGF-1 freak. I don't care about who can build the biggest legs or lats, Arnie's legs look like they fit his body better and his lats don't look like a pair of quads stuck on his back. Lets not even start on Ronnie's stomach, he can't suck it in like Arnie's and it just makes him look fat even though he isn't.
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-08-2005 at 05:22 AM.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Arnie has the chest and biceps that will beat anyone...as well as the best overall aesthetic look apart from a few symmetry problems.

Coleman looks like an IGF-1 freak. I don't care about who can build the biggest legs or lats, Arnie's legs look like they fit his body better and his lats don't look like a pair of quads stuck on his back. Lets not even start on Ronnie's stomach, he can't suck it in like Arnie's and it just makes him look fat even though he isn't.
    I really don't know how people can say that Arnold is a better bodybuilder than Ronnie.

Arnold's Weaknesses: Back Overall (Lats, Erectors, etc.), Quads, Hamstrings, Triceps, Forearms, Rear Delts
    Ronnie's Weaknesses: Calves, Waist, possibly Quads or Hams (Quads are might be too big for Hams)

Arnold's Strengths: Chest, Biceps, Calves
    Ronnie's Strengths: Chest, Arms Overall (Biceps, Triceps, Forearms and HUGE Brachialis'), Back Overall, Quads (subjective), Glutes, Muscular Hardness, Conditioning and Definition (above most CURRENT bodybuilders)

If you say that Arnold looks better than Ronnie then you aren't judging their muscularity, you are just ghey.

Flexor is offline Banned
    I wasn't talking strictly bodybuilding, I was talking about what fell within the realms of normality. Ronnie has more access to the advances of science than Arnold did and as such he is a better bodybuilder, but is therefore more of a freak. So yeah, Ronnie is has more overall muscularity, proportion and symmetry...

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    i think almost all bbs back in arnold's era had lagging legs.

this is true..but arnold was lagging behind most bodybuilders lol..in pumping iron, arnold was standing on top of a rock w/ a dozen other bb'ers and he was showing off some posing techniques..and one other bb'er said yea hit that one..anything to take the attention of the legs..and they all started laughing lol

yall call this a small back?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold vs Ronnie-m13.jpg  

V5RED is offline Associate Member
    yall call this a small back?
    for an average dude, no

for mr O, yes, yes i do

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    this is true..but arnold was lagging behind most bodybuilders lol..in pumping iron, arnold was standing on top of a rock w/ a dozen other bb'ers and he was showing off some posing techniques..and one other bb'er said yea hit that one..anything to take the attention of the legs..and they all started laughing lol
    I thought someone said, "You don't need any lats" and then everyone busted up laughing.

lifter540 is offline Junior Member
    agreed!

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I thought someone said, "You don't need any lats" and then everyone busted up laughing.

i have to check it again, but i've seen it soo many times..i'm almost positive he said legs..i'll check again tho

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky B
    What arnie really needed was bigger legs. He could have been 265 easy with some bigger legs and thicker back. Then it would be easier to compare Ronnie and Arnold. All without a gh gut.
    Yeah, the gh gut is very "aesthetic" which is what BB is suppossed to be about. The mass and vascularity is all ronnie tho.

JR.SHRED is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    can we decide with this...its arnold for me.

That doesnt look like arnold i would say that pic is fake, I will have to go with BIG RON

in this picture arnold obviously beats ronnie's midsection...matches him in lats from the front, matches his calves, beats him on chest, and beats him on arms...AND LOOK HOW MANY MORE CUT ARNOLD'S LEGS HAVE! RONNIE HAS THE VEINS BUT WHERE ARE THE CUTS?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold vs Ronnie-arnold%2520and%2520ronnie%25202.jpg  

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    in this picture arnold obviously beats ronnie's midsection...matches him in lats from the front, matches his calves, beats him on chest, and beats him on arms...AND LOOK HOW MANY MORE CUT ARNOLD'S LEGS HAVE! RONNIE HAS THE VEINS BUT WHERE ARE THE CUTS?
    i agree w/ you but ronnie has that freaky look of today's bodybuilders

Thats just a bad pic of ron and u must be blind if u think arnies arms are better and his lats are even close. In fact your the fool who was going on about rons lack of cuts in his legs in another thread. His legs are so big that unless hes tensing them, u arent going to se any cuts, I posted a pic in the other thread Play By Play of the Olymia which shows u are chattin crap.
    Last edited by MASTER; 12-11-2005 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    Thats just a bad pic of ron and u must be blind if u think arnies arms are better and his lats are even close. In fact your the fool who was going on about rons lack of cuts in his legs in another thread. His legs are so big that unless hes tensing them, u arent going to se any cuts, I posted a pic in the other thread Play By Play of the Olymia which shows u are chattin crap.
    how am i chattin crap? if i contradicted myself in another thread then that would be crap. you are getting too defensive man. why?

how am i chattin crap? if i contradicted myself in another thread then that would be crap. you are getting too defensive man. why?
    Nah i dont mean nethin by it man, just like when ronnie says jay is smoking crack. What im saying is that you claim ronnie has no leg cuts, but if u look at the last post in that thread I posted the link to, ull see his legs are second to none.

What, this picture? He has NO LEG DEFINITION WHATSOEVER!!!!! HE LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!! Arnold is number uno FOREVER DUDE!!!?!?!!!!11one

Yeah...

What, this picture? He has NO LEG DEFINITION WHATSOEVER!!!!! HE LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!! Arnold is number uno FOREVER DUDE!!!?!?!!!!11one

Yeah...

Yep thats the one, no definition at all

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    yates is number 1 imo

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    arnold, hands down!

RAM88 is offline New Member
    You guys are silly. If your a negro ya like Big gut/ass Coleman.
    If your anything other than a Negro ya like Arnold.
    Hows this for sizing up the two?
    JUST a bad picture? Id say coleman has the biggest lips in BB. Lmfao
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold vs Ronnie-arnold-ronnie-2.jpg  
    Last edited by RAM88; 12-14-2005 at 09:52 PM.

k_i_l_o_g7 is offline Junior Member
    Holy shit if there was a line.... i'm sure you just crossed it lol
    Arnold is the coolest

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Ronnie bloated freakish GH gut and massive head is nothing compared to Arnold. Who yes did his share of drugs but looked human at the same time. Ronnie no doubt is the biggest human that has ever lived but I fail to see why people only love to see plain old disgusting massiveness, rather than a visually pleasing Bodybuilder which Arnold most certainly was.

i didnt want to get involved in this debate becouse there are alot of newbies around here. But as i was about to post i saw this.. this is pretty much exactly what i was going to post.

All Marine is offline New Member
    Last edited by All Marine; 03-14-2006 at 11:28 PM.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i prefer the physiche of arnold over ronnie any day of the week,it is much more pleasing to the eye!!But having said that i do not think arnold can compare with the sheer mass of coleman!

goose is offline Banned
    A couple of pics.

goose4..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold vs Ronnie-4764arnold_-_coleman.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    A couple of pics.

goose4..
    I like that photochopped pic you posted. If you think Arnold had bigger quads than Ronnie then you need to share whatever you are smokin'!

Here are some more pics. I actually think Arnold is accurately represented in these pics and I think he matches up to Ronnie quite well in most poses. I think these Ronnie pics are from the 2004 Olympia. I need to make a comparison of the 2005 Olympia Ronnie to the best of Arnold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnold vs Ronnie-302_1_1.jpg   Arnold vs Ronnie-302_2_1.jpg   Arnold vs Ronnie-302_3_1.jpg   Arnold vs Ronnie-302_4_1.jpg   Arnold vs Ronnie-302_5_1.jpg  

sure we can compare asthetics where arnold obviously wins but you cant compare size. it is seriously unfair to compare bodybuilders size from different eras...guys back in the day didnt use steroids year round like todays athletes (they only used them while dieting down for comps to keep their muscle), they didnt know about site injecting or synthol, they didnt have hgh or insulin also. case closed.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    what was available then to athletes compared to what they can get their hands on today. I favor the 'back then' athletes.
    Im sure that if arnold pumped as much sh*t into himself as these guys do today, he's be larger than ronnie. Or if ronnie were competing then, arnold would smash the competition.
    I want more comparisons.... ronnie vs Louie, and serge nubret. (i think these were the top three in 77 or whenever aronld last competes in the '70s- arnold serge louie)
    I think that if anyone had a chance to beat arnold then, it was serge. That guy was HUGE on an Arnold level.

Anyhoo, i of course have my repsects for then and now athletes.

pelly789 is offline Member
    arnold has the ultimate body that everyone strives for!

billybob13 is offline Banned
    Ronnie is #1; I'm tired of all those haters tryin to stay loyal to stupid arnold. Just admit ronnie is #1 and just because you can't be his size you don't hate and yes a lot of you do hate and come up with the excuse that arnold just looks better because he is not so huge and over the top. I guarantee you if Arnold could have gotten bigger then he would have, so that is why ronnie is #1 IMO peace.

Quote Originally Posted by billybob13
    Ronnie is #1; I'm tired of all those haters tryin to stay loyal to stupid arnold. Just admit ronnie is #1 and just because you can't be his size you don't hate and yes a lot of you do hate and come up with the excuse that arnold just looks better because he is not so huge and over the top. I guarantee you if Arnold could have gotten bigger then he would have, so that is why ronnie is #1 IMO peace.
    arnold also retired at 28...ronnie is what 41 now? think about that.

LETSGETNASTYYATES is offline New Member
    Completely depends on what look you personally prefer.
    There is no "whos the better bb here", they are from entirely different era's in bb and the criteria is diff. these days.

In that first comparison pic on pg. 1 i think arnold looks better.
    The other ones, Ron serves.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont believe with todays standards arnold would even qualify for a pro card. yes i think bodybuilding has gone away from its roots, but jeez, coleman now, compared to arnold at his biggest, arnold looks like a kid. colemans gut is huge, no doubt, and arnold had a tiny waist, but colemans other good points outweight arnolds

keth'naab is offline Associate Member
    oh good lord people.

1) HGH
    2) IGF-1
    3) Insulin
    4) Clen
    5) T3

now please, can we put this silly argument to rest? Comparing Ronnie to ANYONE from the 70s is like comparing a guy who works out with iron to a guy who works out with Bowflex. Don't be ridiculous. The bodybuilders of today look the way they do compared to the BBs of the 70s due to #1-#5 above. The sport has changed completely. BBs stay on cycle year-long and earn a living from it, back then, there was no real living to be earned, so they did other stuff.

*eyeroll*

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    ill go with an earlier post ronnie is the biggest and arnie is the best,however in terms of putting the sport on the map no-one comes even close to arnie,bodybuilding would still be in the dungeon if it werent for arnie,i believe we are now entering the realms of freekdom once the eighties early nineties were over weird shit started happening,i like dorian yates but he just looked like a giant cow on stage!

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    can we decide with this...its arnold for me.
    Wow, Arnold looks awesome in that pic, definately better then Ronnie does. However if you were to put them both on stage infront of the judges, Ronnie would murder Arnold, i don't think Arnold would even have the courage to step up on stage. I would have loved to see how big Arnie would get if he continued competing well into the 90s, altough i respect his decision, competing for any longer then he did is risky business, your health and well being is at stake.

illuzions is offline Associate Member
    ronnie is a beast..personally i would prefer to have arnolds physique

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information