Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Squatman51 is offline Senior Member

Natural bodybuilders

Does anyone have pictures of top natural competitors. Who is like the ronnie coleman of the natural world of bodybuilding? I would like to see how the top natural competitors look compared to people like coleman,cutler,dex, and others.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Alot smaller...

se11 is offline Associate Member
    i seen one body builder who said he was all natural and had a real bad ass body. it was huge, but it didnt have that extra boost coleman and cutler did. i mean, at first i could have sworn he was juicing but then when i look at pics of coleman and cutler and compare, you can tell the difference in mass of the biceps, quads, hams, and back.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah the natural guys
    can never get the thickness of the olympia guys get

diesel21 is offline Member
    true, but some look better, imo.... but even the all natural guys f w/ shit.. i don't beleive there's one real all natural guy... and what is the definition of natural? cause if your taking creatine, tons of aminos, superdrol, all the new shit out, bla, bla... your goal is still what it is.. its so gay, so if superdrol becomes illigal, then u use to be a juicer? i don't get it....

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    ya I would also like to see some pics of some natty guys.

alphaman is offline Member
    I saw a documentary about bodybuilding, that followed some "natural" bodybuilders they followed. Guess who the main one was? Stan McQuay. Natural Comps are BS.

http://www.stanmcquay.com/trial.html

Prime is offline Naturally perfect

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    Strict drug-testing at every WNBF event includes both polygraph (lie-detector) and urinalysis testing. Each athlete is tested via a long-method polygraph by certified examiners prior to admittance to an event. The men and women must then submit to urinalysis testing that is conducted by the California lab that performed urine tests for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games. In order to win prize money, athletes must pass both tests, verifying that no steroids , diuretics, growth hormones or other illegal drugs have been used in the past seven years.

hmm. taken from wnbf.

Bodybuilding Documentary

Look at JamesC's post.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I know and have met many natural bodybuilders, pro's and otherwise. Yes you will get a few who cheat, some get caught some dont. But the majority are natural.

mcquay is huge look at those biceps!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...bigbod-med.jpg

heres him not looking so big
    arms look tiny here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...quay15-med.jpg

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    true, but some look better, imo.... but even the all natural guys f w/ shit.. i don't beleive there's one real all natural guy... and what is the definition of natural? cause if your taking creatine, tons of aminos, superdrol, all the new shit out, bla, bla... your goal is still what it is.. its so gay, so if superdrol becomes illigal, then u use to be a juicer? i don't get it....
    Not to hijack this thread, but when I was a kid to me a bodybuilder was pretty much Arnold, that was it. Looking back at pictures of him, he looks fantastic. He is lean and big, but he doesn't have this "freakish" look of the top guys today. I know they took roids back then, but from what I understand it was in much more moderate doses. Am I the only one who thinks the pros of Arnold's time (and prior to that even) look better than the mammoth figures we see today?

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    No Im with you in this type of thinking! I think its incredible the size and dedication; but not appealing.

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    yes i also believe that the bodybuilders in schwarzeneggers time were the best....
    i dont like natural bodybuilding at all...natural bodybuilding is like the special olympics, its cute to watch but youd never wanna be in thier shoes.

jasper1968 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I saw a documentary about bodybuilding, that followed some "natural" bodybuilders they followed. Guess who the main one was? Stan McQuay. Natural Comps are BS.

http://www.stanmcquay.com/trial.html
    Stan "natural" , lol.....He is a good guy though.. My old training partner was the one who got Stan started in the world of BB...

jasper1968 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    heres him not looking so big
    arms look tiny here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...quay15-med.jpg
    However, he does have a great physique... He has done a terrific job with it and has parlayed it into a good biz forhimself..

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    squatman, that first pic is totally photoshopped. i met McQuay and he is small, but definitley "enhanced"

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i know a few guys that compete in the All natty shows they say if you wiggle ur toes while ur on the lie detector you'll pass

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i know a few guys that compete in the All natty shows they say if you wiggle ur toes while ur on the lie detector you'll pass

I was asked to take a lie detector once and my lawyer advised me not to because he said they're a crock. H esaid he's seen honest people fail em and lyin people pass em. This is why it's not admissable in court unless you sign an affadavit agreeing to it being admissable evidence. And drug tests? C'mon!

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    What was that quote from a pro I once herd are yes,, (natural bodybuilding Is like the special Olympics, its fun to watch but you don’t want to be a part of it) lol

HumanPerfection1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    What was that quote from a pro I once herd are yes,, (natural bodybuilding Is like the special Olympics, its fun to watch but you don’t want to be a part of it) lol
    Just gonna say that "natural bodybuilding is like the special olympics fun to watch but you dont wanna be one of the contestants" fav quote lol

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    ha ha the top 3 at the natural olympia last yr all tested positive and got banned for life!!!

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanPerfection1
    Just gonna say that "natural bodybuilding is like the special olympics fun to watch but you dont wanna be one of the contestants" fav quote lol

Dude thats a great quote

nalbano34 is offline Member
    is that even possible???? I think not!

UCFTransam is offline Junior Member
    I agree i think arnold has one of the best bodys of all time, just everything is in proportion. Ive yet to see a chest that compares to his chest, hes truly blessed.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    What about Skip LaCour? I read somewhere that he purposelly only competes in Natural Competitions, and is considered a reknowned natural BB'er who is very against juicin in the sport...

ANyone else heard of him?

Yep, he reps AST supps. It's hard to believe, but some people are naturally big. I was asked if I took steroids by a couseler at college when I lost 30 pounds and toned up.

All Natural BB's have to do if they want to use juice is do it for a few years then quit for a year or two while the traces of drugs leave their system and then compete seemingly "natural".

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    Not to hijack this thread, but when I was a kid to me a bodybuilder was pretty much Arnold, that was it. Looking back at pictures of him, he looks fantastic. He is lean and big, but he doesn't have this "freakish" look of the top guys today. I know they took roids back then, but from what I understand it was in much more moderate doses. Am I the only one who thinks the pros of Arnold's time (and prior to that even) look better than the mammoth figures we see today?
    I agree with this.

LoneLifter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    I agree with this.

I also agree....IMHO, bodybuilders of yesteryear look much better than the ones today.

-LL

Kaminsky is offline New Member
    Heres some "juice" free guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Natural bodybuilders-natural2.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    i think those guys look more awkward than 295 pound Ronnie!

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaminsky
    Heres some "juice" free guys
    That bottom guy has done at least 3 or 4 cycles...haha

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    natural bodybuilding is about as exciting as watching Terri Schiavo devour' a chicken meal threw a straw

usamm is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    natural bodybuilding is about as exciting as watching Terri Schiavo devour' a chicken meal threw a straw
    thats f*cked up. :-p

Diezed is offline Junior Member
    Originally Posted by SVTMuscle

uncalled for...jeeezz

ward065 is offline Member
    here's some pictures i found of Ben Tennessen , one of the guys who placed top in the heavyweights, found it on wnbf's website posted above

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ch&sa=N&tab=wi

The truth is i give these guys a lot of credit....they are natural, and they are bodybuilders like the rest of us. However, as you can see in the WNBF's website, the top prize money is much, much less than in Pro IFBB bodybuilding , where the guys are much bigger.....

In many respects, i feel sorry for the guys who DO bust their ass in natural bbing, but then get paid much less compared to what they could have been paid if they pursued Pro IFBB bodybuilding- Clearly, these guys have what it takes, they just decided to do it naturally- there is nothing wrong with that.

Just my take- Bodybuilding naturally or not naturally should be someone's individual decision. But ultimately, pro IFBB bodybuilders i believe are paid more for one simple reason that cannot be readily changed: Money and economics...if you have more fans interested in it, more demand for the events, more money can be paid to the top compeititors than in natural bodybuilding.

And this i believe supports the thesis that John Romano has raised in MD magazine, that if drug testing REALLY were implemented in IFBB pro bodybuilding, there would be a smaller fan base, which means that the number of spectators would decrease.

minihulkwestcoast is offline Associate Member

Matt Lowden w/o roids
    Last edited by minihulkwestcoast; 05-27-2006 at 03:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information