Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vitamindrew is offline Junior Member

Mike Mentzer Picture Thread

Heres a picture of mike and arnold arguing.
    http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Scan100011.jpg

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    i love that pic of him and arnold....high volume training for me all the way!!!

BuildaBeast is offline Associate Member
    He said to only do one set of each exercise then wait 3 days befor you do workout #2. Doesn't seem like much but man he had a nice build and massive arms.

Quote Originally Posted by BuildaBeast
    He said to only do one set of each exercise then wait 3 days befor you do workout #2. Doesn't seem like much but man he had a nice build and massive arms.

well thats 1 working set...the big misconception aboout yates and mentzer was that they only did 1 set for an exercise, while they may have done up to four, but with just 1 actual working set ...still does not work for me though

Read His Books And Then You Will Understand Why Hit Is The Only Was To Train If You Want Increased Stregth And Muscle Gain. Get Heavy Duty 2: Mind And Body.

Mentzer winning Mr.Universe WITH A PERFECT SCORE!!!!

rockhardman is offline Associate Member
    Mixture Of Both Styles Yup!!!!!

look at the top of the mirror. He is coming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-ar119.jpg  

Another awesome pic of mike doing preacher curls. If anyone has some rare pic of mentzer, please post. Im talking about pics from his books because Ive seen all his internet pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-scan10003.jpg  

mentzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-scan10002.jpg  

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Arguing with Arnold makes me loose respect for him! Arguing with Arnold is like playing tennis againest a wall and thinking your gonna win

Mentzer was just explaining to arnold that he should'nt disrepect his fellow competitors. Arnold had made some harsh comments about boyer coe and mentzer was just defending Boyer.
    Last edited by vitamindrew; 06-07-2006 at 12:32 AM.

check out the thickness of mentzers tris and calfs.
    Last edited by vitamindrew; 06-07-2006 at 12:35 AM.

RedBaron38 is offline Junior Member
    Does anyone else notice that the pic of mentzer in the mirror looks like Arnold? Or am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron38
    Does anyone else notice that the pic of mentzer in the mirror looks like Arnold? Or am i missing something?

that is arnold bro

squatdaddy is offline Associate Member
    Mentzer was awesome.... got a little weird later in life... essentric probably a better word, but still one of my favorites

Dude, look for the sign at the top left of the mirror.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squatdaddy
    Mentzer was awesome.... got a little weird later in life... essentric probably a better word, but still one of my favorites
    some reports of him running into traffic naked, and drinking his own urine are quite disturbing. but hey methamphetamine is one hell of a drug!!!!!

RedBaron38 is offline Junior Member
    Sorry I didn't see the sign on the mirror....my bad

Mikes last interview

TS: Dan wrote that you were involved in some things regarding amphetamine abuse and drinking your own urine.

MM: [Chuckles] I don't know where he got that one. How would anyone know I drank urine?

TS: I don't know, but a lot of people believed it.

MM: Yes, a lot of people like to see celebrated figures come down a notch or two because their own self-esteem is not very high. They gain a sense of self-esteem when they can say, Look, I'm not like that; that person has shortcomings. And that's not the proper way to gain self-esteem. That's irrational.

No, I never drank my own urine. Where that notion arose, I have no idea. I did take doctor-prescribed amphetamines for a while, because as a competing bodybuilder and writer I found it difficult during periods of severe dieting to sustain the energy required to train and then go home and write for hours. But it was always doctor prescribed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-bm0608xmikementzer.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-ar227.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-rc9.jpg  

Some great pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-semin_s.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-vmg14.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-hdp54.jpg  

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitamindrew
    Mikes last interview

TS: Dan wrote that you were involved in some things regarding amphetamine abuse and drinking your own urine.

MM: [Chuckles] I don't know where he got that one. How would anyone know I drank urine?

TS: I don't know, but a lot of people believed it.

MM: Yes, a lot of people like to see celebrated figures come down a notch or two because their own self-esteem is not very high. They gain a sense of self-esteem when they can say, Look, I'm not like that; that person has shortcomings. And that's not the proper way to gain self-esteem. That's irrational.

No, I never drank my own urine. Where that notion arose, I have no idea. I did take doctor-prescribed amphetamines for a while, because as a competing bodybuilder and writer I found it difficult during periods of severe dieting to sustain the energy required to train and then go home and write for hours. But it was always doctor prescribed.

i dont think he'd admit abusing drugs or drinking his own pee. however the fact remains that he died of heart complications caused be using meth for over a decade. although he was clean at the time of his death the damage had already been done. he was also in and out of a nut house.....

MrMeathead is offline Member
    I highly doubt he would admit to drinking his own urine either but at the same time I find the fact that he was led to that high of a level of insanity by amphetamine abuse hard to beleive. I have never heard of anyone doing something that sick from all the years of amphetamine abuse in the world.

mentzer 1980 olympia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-mm2.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-ar120.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-c92.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-ar227.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-rc9.jpg  

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    Arguing with Arnold makes me loose respect for him! Arguing with Arnold is like playing tennis againest a wall and thinking your gonna win
    Actually that was the year Mentzer should have beaten Arnold.

Mentzer was better and everyone there saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamindrew
    Mentzer was just explaining to arnold that he should'nt disrepect his fellow competitors. Arnold had made some harsh comments about boyer coe and mentzer was just defending Boyer.
    yup!

Additionally Mentzer noted that Arnold looked really small in his tigh-fitting shirt.

He wondered outloud if Arnold was competing.

Just Got Mike Mentzers Underground Seminar On Dvd Through The Mail. Its Soooooooooooo Awesome.

just got done watching the mm seminar, O my god, It was SOO imformational and even funny at sometimes with mentzer cracking jokes sometimes. He is truly the man who knows the best way to increase strenght and size. Also gave great nutritional advice as well.

TheGut is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    Its high intensity training (HIT) not High Volume! Volume was Arnold and Intensity was Mentzer!!

more mentzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-scanm10003.jpg  

"You can train long and you can train hard but you cant do both" Mike Mentzer
    "Almost everything a bodybuilder does from the moment he goes to the gym to the moment he leaves is literary wrong!" Mike Mentzer

"Not more is better, not less is better but precise is best" Mike Mentzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-scan100005.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-mike-mentzer-rot.gif   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-3b_1.jpg.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-hdp54.jpg   Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-ar227.jpg  

heavy duty arms
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-scan10002.jpg  

didnt Mentzer train with Zane during that time? Personally i dont think Mentzer has anything but wicked arms. Arnold even at that time looks sick with his tiny waist and enormous upper body. I mean his legs do lack a bit but his overall body frame is just nothing that could be competed with. The way his obliques form into the lats on a narrow waist is rediculous. Maybe Mentzer should have won in the eyes of many but i am one to say that arnold was number one, zane number two and mentzer in third. sorry fellas to burst the bubble of this thread but mentzers more of a Ed Corney than an Arnold competitor.

mentzer gets the cover
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Mentzer Picture Thread-66_1.jpg.jpg  

"The time and energy people waste in the gym with constant overtraining is so enormous it could create another universe."

"The time and energy people waste in the gym with constant overtraining is so enormous it could create another universe." Mike Mentzer

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwolffey
    Best is Dorian's way!!

But sometimes you can switch from volume to heavy duty........more effective

mentzer never trained with zane, it was always ray mentzer, casey viator and other unknown bodybuilders.

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    He had a great physique.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information