vic99 is offline Junior Member

How fat to most pros get in the off season?

I have seen the pictures of Lee at around 18% during the off season. How fat do most pros get in the offseason. Is there a reason for either approach - huge bulk vs clean bulk.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by vic99
    I have seen the pictures of Lee at around 18% during the off season. How fat do most pros get in the offseason. Is there a reason for either approach - huge bulk vs clean bulk.
    Believe it or not, most pros stay under 10% BF, they stay in the single digits. its hard to get fat when you have so much muscle to burn up the little fat accumilating. its even hard for me to get fat and I eat whatever I want with no care.

doittoit is offline Associate Member
    i hear you MrMent1on. I'm not even close to your level and i find it very hard to get above 10-12%, and i have the same diet strategy, anything goes as long as protien requirements are met. I find it interesting that everybody preaches the "chicken and rice" healthy bodybuilding diet to look like the guys in the magazines, but from what I've learned it's the exact opposite. MrMent1on maybe u could validate this, you are probably in contact with some pros?

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Believe it or not, most pros stay under 10% BF, they stay in the single digits. its hard to get fat when you have so much muscle to burn up the little fat accumilating. its even hard for me to get fat and I eat whatever I want with no care.

I hate you.. I'm jealous... lol

vic99 is offline Junior Member
    Having looked at several pictures on the web eg Lee P. I see pros looking like they are in excess of 15 percent. Maybe its pro to pro. I also hear of pros eattng 6 big macs while in the off season and cannot imagine them not getting fat with that diet.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I think it depends on the pro, but I agree with Mr Ment1on (I also wish I had your problem). A few really like to bulk up (e.g., Lee Priest), but most seem to keep it relatively low. I suppose it's a lot easier on the system when contest preparation time comes as well as picking up guest posing spots in the offseason. I met Lee Labrada back when he was competing (yeah I'm old) at an amateur contest and although it was his offseason he was in phenomenal condition.

ruffcute is offline Associate Member
    i should think they wana keep their levels down, or itl just be harder to get them down after

most of the time a pro will look fatter than he really is off season because of so much damn water weight. But the pros today can be bigger at a less bodyfat because they are running shit like GH and IGF. You could eat a pizza everyday on GH and stay lean if your running enough of it

ITALIANMAN is offline Junior Member
    I do remember seeing something about how big lee priest gets off season i heard its incredable...but i dont see most pros getting that fat

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Quote Originally Posted by hancock27
    bump
    hancock, THIS is NOT the way to get your post count up. Please stop bumping threads !!!!!!!!

Especially OLD ones, your posts will be deleted

Thread Information