acciaio is offline Associate Member

I don't get this

I really cannot understand very well how The Mr. O title is assigned....

In the past things like shape, mass, definition were the parameters..

Now it seems that only huge mass body builders win the title and so,
    if it's just mass that it's important why Coleman wins when there is Ruhl that carries more pure mass?

Why people like Dexter Jackson with very good looking bodies never arrive 1st?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I don't get this-jackson.jpg  

outlawtas is offline Junior Member
    Dex has one of the best physiques BB'ing has every seen IMO...I have no clue how he's not MR.O. I ****in hate mass monsters, they look unhealthy and out of proportion (that's not to say I don't respect their work ethic, I just don't like their look). Guys like dex look on point.

acciaio is offline Associate Member
    Huge monsters vs well proportionated, that's a debate going on from quite some times, i personally prefer the 2nd

Spyder is offline Member
    Dexter has an awesome shape, but just nowhere near enough size. To win the Olympia you need a balance of size, symmetry and definition, a perfect example is Coleman who has no weaknesses except maybe his gut if you can count that as a flaw. Size is always going to be the most obvious quality on stage, to any judge, IMO it is the most important one of the three. Which brings me to the aforementioned Markus Ruhl, and why he's not winning. He might be the biggest out there but unfortunately that is all he has going for him for now, but that's okay because he is one of the youngest pros at the moment and has time on his side, one day he will be a serious contender.

Thread Information