amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!

colman vrs arnold

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1k0cYPjlz6U

i was stunned how big arnold looked compaired to colman... what do you think?

outlawmuscle is offline Associate Member
    arnold all the way

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawmuscle View Post
    arnold all the way
    i was stunned how big arnie looked - he looks compairable to colman, minus the legs(arnolds time in bb that wasnt the focus as much), but the waist dif in arnold was amazing!!!

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    HGH has ruined bodybuilding,

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ i tend to agree ...i hate the distended ab look ....both were very impressive tho ....makes me wanna go to the gym right now ...great vid and post. I prefer the Arnold type physique (although as mentioned his legs were always lagging) ..I just hate the turtle tummy look on coleman...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^ i tend to agree ...i hate the distended ab look ....both were very impressive tho ....makes me wanna go to the gym right now ...great vid and post. I prefer the Arnold type physique (although as mentioned his legs were always lagging) ..I just hate the turtle tummy look on coleman...
    what caused all that distention/bloating in the mid area??? i make sure i stay away from that

arnold's waste looks like a 28, colman 48

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    what caused all that distention/bloating in the mid area??? i make sure i stay away from that

arnold's waste looks like a 28, colman 48
    I would say hgh at probably 10-15iu per day or more, for no telling how long.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^right on hgh. Insulin abuse / misuse can also cause visceral fat ..that is fat surrounding your organs which also can lead to a distended abdomen . Id say mostly its the hgh at high doses prob almost continuous use...

genetisch is offline Junior Member
    if arnie had bigger legs and shoulders he would be the best ever.His upper body is amazing but lacks some shoulders and alot of legs which is why when i got into BB he was my idol until i relized his trrble weak points.

Quote Originally Posted by genetisch View Post
    if arnie had bigger legs and shoulders he would be the best ever.His upper body is amazing but lacks some shoulders and alot of legs which is why when i got into BB he was my idol until i relized his trrble weak points.
    true... but remember he kicked preditors a$$... i always judged him based on his time preiod... witch of coarse he ruled!

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Arnolds the man, thats why his tits are my avatar. His legs were perfect, those huge legs found now a days are very unappealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    Arnolds the man, thats why his tits are my avatar. His legs were perfect, those huge legs found now a days are very unappealing to me.
    ditto ... gotta give that much muscle respect, but it is sooo not practical - the word freak comes to mind

What happens to your nuts when you legs get that big. Is it no big deal since their already the size of raisins or...

CRUNCH

arnie's arms and chest are amazing, look at his calves

From what I've read he had a very hard time building his calves out of any part of his body, but he pulled it off. I would love to aim for a physique like arnolds. But the new things these days seems to be gaining as much mass as possible no matter if it's disproportional to your body height or to another bodypart.

How is it possible that jay cutler @ 5' 9" can weight 274lbs but Arnold who is 6' 2" weighed 235lbs? Insane.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1k0cYPjlz6U

i was stunned how big arnold looked compaired to colman... what do you think?
    im not getting into an arnold vs ronnie debate, as there are far too many opinions and it will never be decided lol, but one thing for sure, is that arnold was not in the same league size-wise as coleman.

Some things that spring to my mind to help that statement:

In some shots/angles (particularly when getting into position for the bench press early in the vid) arnold doesnt look that big, just in good shape. Ronnie looks freakishly big from every angle, in every pose.

I think at his biggest, arnold would still look of normal proportions when wearing certain clothes, whilst ronnie would still look big in a sleeping bag.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Man, Coleman is an absolute beast. I would rather look like Arnold any day though.

Icedman12 is offline New Member
    I agree...

Dougie-DOU99Y is offline New Member

Wink

Agreed also...

BIG PAPI 08 is offline Junior Member
    they both are amazing for what they accomplished but i love the freakish look coleman has.

uniit is offline New Member
    I love Colemans chest n abs

garythompson is offline Associate Member
    arnold is the man and there is such a thing as too much muscle

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Coleman is the best!
    Arnold is a classic!
    If Arnold will be competing today I bet he will be really freaky...

planes is offline New Member
    Arnold at his peak was 240 in 1974 and Coleman 5'11" 247.

In my opinion Arnold was much better competition wise.

Coleman was bigger but ugly and too big.

There is no concern for look nowadays. Its all about size.

Arnold spent hours designing his body and working on proportion.

His legs were not too small but in proportion to the rest.

Thread Information