squatdaddy is offline Associate Member

strydom wants to make a come back

from flex online...
    Recent sightings of 80s bodybuilding juggernaut Gary Strydom have revealed a man who’s back in the game, preparing for a comeback at Shawn Ray’s Colorado Pro show May 13, and a week later at the New York Pro May 20.

I managed to persuade the shredded 280-pounder to pose for several pictures at Golds Gym, Venice, where he normally trains very late in the evening to avoid distraction during his heavy and rugged workouts.

“I’m making a comeback this year because I want to show the world that a bodybuilder of my size can look aesthetic without losing the flowing lines and control of the waistline,” he said. “We have to give the kids something to inspire them to bodybuild, because some of the physiques out there are so ugly it is doing quite the opposite.”

Strydom hopes to earn a placing high enough to qualify for the Olympia. In his only other Olympia appearance, in 1988, Strydom was fifth -- which actually was his lowest placing in any contest between 1984 and 1990. In his 17 other pro shows over that span, he won four times, came in second eight times, third three times, and fourth twice.

After a detour into the short-lived World Bodybuilding Federation, Strydom last took the IFBB stage in 1996 when he finished a very un-Strydom-like 12th at the Night of Champions. But, like fellow “old-timers” Vince Taylor and Francis Benfatto, who both crashed the top six at the Australian Pro March 19, don’t be surprised if Strydom makes a similar impact -- from the way he’s looking right now, the man is ready to rumble.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strydom wants to make a come back-2189.jpg   strydom wants to make a come back-2190.jpg  

train410 is offline Junior Member
    guy looks good, I like to see new faces even if they did compete years ago

squatdaddy is offline Associate Member
    yeah, strydom always had a "pretty" shape to him... really round muscle bellies and good seperation... nice to see no gh gut

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    good to see comebacks in BB he's lookin good

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    he looks awesome no doubt but the judges control the winner, and he just doesnt have it.

Dont get me wrong, i would love to see a new look take over thats more aesthetically pleasing

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    hell yea he looks great there

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    looks great hope he can do well thats always cool to see

eatit is offline Junior Member
    quite the beastly man.

Gary Strydom is awesome, but his back SUCKS. I'm talking like SUCKS to the point where I've seen first time competitors or guys in my gym w/ better backs. His pics make his back look bigger than it really is, but for 47 years old he's def smoking

BoxerTricks07 is offline Junior Member
    the guy looks AMAZING for a 47 yr old, i rate him

Thread Information