Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 2 Post By almostgone

Thread: Drawing from a multi-dose bottle

radioactivegraphite is offline New Member

Drawing from a multi-dose bottle

A quick one: When filling up the syringe, why should you hold the bottle upside-down? Could one draw the oil with the bottle right-side-up without problems? Thanks!

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radioactivegraphite View Post
    A quick one: When filling up the syringe, why should you hold the bottle upside-down? Could one draw the oil with the bottle right-side-up without problems? Thanks!
    Since it works on vaccuum, yeah you could do that, but most pins aren’t going to reach the bottom and you’ll have to eventually flip anyway.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by radioactivegraphite View Post

Yes, just make sure that inject the quantity of air equivalent to the volume of oil you are withdrawing or you'll be there forever; no matter which way you hold the bottle.

The only benefit of holding the bottle upside down (unless you're draining the last smidge out of it) is that it makes it easier to read the graduations on the syringe barrel.
    Last edited by almostgone; 12-20-2020 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Inevitable typo....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information