View Poll Results: Who has a better back???

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ronnie Coleman

21 55.26%
  • Dorian Yates

17 44.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pin_cuzion is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Coleman or Yates???

Just wanted to post a quick poll to see what you all think. After looking at Coleman's lat spread last night, I was wondering you do you all think has a better back. 6 time olympian Ronnie Coleman or six time olympian Dorian Yates (who is unprecendentedly known for his back)???
    Coleman's lats looked pretty sick last night!!!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    some materials from which to draw conclusions:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coleman or Yates???-dorian-yates-spate.jpg  

and ronnie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coleman or Yates???-ronniback.jpg  

dorian more cut but ronnie does have awesome size........... I am getting sick of ronnie so i am going to go with dorian.

Here's an old debate...not a poll, but some interesting discussion:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=21850

Swellin Guest
    Well, BG, did you post a big pic of Dorian and a small pic of Ronnie for a lop-sided comparo? j/k

Not only was Yates cut, but my God his back muscles were huge! It looks like muscle peaks with 2" valleys............on his back!

hope this helps you guys out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coleman or Yates???-dorian1.jpg   Coleman or Yates???-coleman1.jpg  

personnally i have to give the edge to ronnie on size and shear, but dorian has it on definition.
    tough competition none the less

and by the way

what the hell is up with lee priest and his mullet. he deserved to be booted off stage for that atrocity.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pin_cuzion
    and by the way

what the hell is up with lee priest and his mullet. he deserved to be booted off stage for that atrocity.
    I'm a Preist fan, but that was uuuuugggleeeee!

ugly isnt the word to use man, coleman should have hit him with the sandow for showing his face in public with that mop

6p6
    6p6 is offline New Member
    Dorian rocked!

Here's an Arnold, Coleman and yates comparison:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coleman or Yates???-backcomparison.jpg  

mass junkie is offline banned
    Dorian has the best back of any Olympian competitor ever to set foot on stage.........Untill big Will Harris gets his pro card..

retired is offline Associate Member
    The "technology" has improved since Yates retired, so it is hard to compare this version of RC with Dorian.

I liked Dorian's level of dryness and muscle maturity come contest time, and I like Coleman's overall shape. For a guy who is now competing at 285(!), he has fantastic lines.

Sinistar is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordero
    The "technology" has improved since Yates retired, so it is hard to compare this version of RC with Dorian.

I liked Dorian's level of dryness and muscle maturity come contest time, and I like Coleman's overall shape. For a guy who is now competing at 285(!), he has fantastic lines.
    im giving the nod to dorian. maybe coleman had him on size, but when your beat in every other way, who even cares?

roidBeast is offline New Member
    If dorian had not retired, he could have competed at 285 lbs or more easily, Dorian's body could carry much more mass than Ronnie's without lossing that much form....

Just my two cents...

PD. DORIAN IS THE MAN!!!!!

you are right, technology has changed. its like comparing mike tyson to ali in regards to boxing. to different time periods. but the time for this case isnt to drastic, and i think for the size that coleman is at right now, his back looks absolutely amazing

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    It was Yates until this year when I thing Coleman has surpassed him. Still very close though.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member

Look at the pics

pin_cuzion - just by looking at the pics the clear winner is Coleman. He has deeper muscle seperation and a wider back. His traps are biggers and his lat spread is wider. I pics don't lie.

no doubt i would have to give the edge to coleman. his back looks remarkably better this year than in his other olympia's, and if anyone should ever question why he won this year, hell just look, nobody was even close

retired is offline Associate Member
    Chad seems to have discovered some way to dry Coleman out without having him lose water/size. It is as though something has sucked the water deeper into the muscles and away from the skin, so that the mass and density remain. That is a really simplistic understanding, but I'm sure that it was more than just a new form of "carb loading."

If Yates had the same technology available to him in 1993, then he would have competed at 290 or so.

GMuscle is offline Associate Member
    Yates all the way. Better balance, Ronnie has one ugly ass physique. Big but bloated gut, terrible abs, the best bodybuilder is supposed to look like art work not a nightmare.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GMuscle
    Yates all the way. Better balance, Ronnie has one ugly ass physique. Big but bloated gut, terrible abs, the best bodybuilder is supposed to look like art work not a nightmare.
    But no one has taken the human body and made it look like a cartoon character better than Ronnie. He is a total freak!! Made up of insane body parts. His chest, back, delts, bis, tris, quads, hams, glutes...he was hands down #1 last Saturday night!

Btw, BigGreen, that pic with Arnie, Ronnie and Dorian was cool

GMuscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpseeker
    But no one has taken the human body and made it look like a cartoon character better than Ronnie. He is a total freak!! Made up of insane body parts. His chest, back, delts, bis, tris, quads, hams, glutes...he was hands down #1 last Saturday night!

Btw, BigGreen, that pic with Arnie, Ronnie and Dorian was cool
    I don't want to insult anyone with this picture in this guys thread but this picture for me shows the difference between artwork and disaster. Ronnie is a freak for sure, huge. But in the old days when bodybuilding was more than a "Mass Market" you would see some great physique that looked like true artwork to me. The essence of bodybuilding I thought was to be Big as well as symetrical, Hard, Welll Defined, and to try to come as close to perfect overall developement as possible. I just don't see that with Ronnie. He is big but his body is ugly as hell. If you were looking for the ideal bodybuilder to use as a statue to represent what bodybuilding is all about I don't think many people would want to look at Ronnie as ideal. Just my 2 cents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coleman or Yates???-arnie-ronnie21%5D.jpg  

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Too close to call. I would love to be able to see both of them on stage at their peaks.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    It is very close, i think ronney, has him but not by much... But ronney looked absolutely amazing this year...

DELTA9MDA is offline Junior Member
    dorians rhomboids are wayy thicker and, when compared to doz, ronnies lats look a little high. doz has the thickness.

LM1332 Guest
    guys you are comparing too different bodybuilders before it was about sculping a body into perfect form and shape now its all about who can shoot more gear and not die. If i had to compare though arnold would beat ronnie anytime just look how cut arnold was and his back is atleast 2x as wide

Quote Originally Posted by 50%animal
    guys you are comparing too different bodybuilders before it was about sculping a body into perfect form and shape now its all about who can shoot more gear and not die. If i had to compare though arnold would beat ronnie anytime just look how cut arnold was and his back is atleast 2x as wide

Stop talking out your ass, 1st this thread is so old. And why do you have to hate on the pros. Are you jealous? It annoys me when people talk about perfect form and shape and dog the current pros. Look at dexter jackson, shawn ray, dennis james, troy alves, I could keep going. All these body builders look great and have " perfect form and shape " And for arnold's back being 2x as wide as Ronnies, there is just something wrong with you. Post some pics. Let's see you prove this nonsense.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    Hey Russ616 take it easy would ya,
    I agree with 50% animal todays bodybuilders in General are freaks . Competition in no longer abot great genetics and work ethic, Its about who can shoot as much Roids and GH and not die. These BodyBuilders spend 10 times as much on roids as any average joe taking juice. Its sick. Arnold defaintly had one of the best bodybuilding builds in the world. i would love to see bodybuiulding go back to the way it was even 10 years ago. will that happen, most likely not, preatty soon we will see BB's Competing at 340lbs.

anyways back to the original Purpose of this Thread,
    Dorian Has Ronnie beat hands down in every department.

LM1332 Guest
    Thx BullDogg20 atleast someone knows what i am talking about.

ShYnE[sK] is offline New Member
    Ronnie is bigger but looks unhealthy big

I don't think so

[QUOTE=BullDogg20]Hey Russ616 take it easy would ya,
    I agree with 50% animal todays bodybuilders in General are freaks . Competition in no longer abot great genetics and work ethic, Its about who can shoot as much Roids and GH and not die. These BodyBuilders spend 10 times as much on roids as any average joe taking juice. Its sick. Arnold defaintly had one of the best bodybuilding builds in the world. i would love to see bodybuiulding go back to the way it was even 10 years ago. will that happen, most likely not, preatty soon we will see BB's Competing at 340lbs.

You guys look at this all wrong. Look at the amount of amauters shooting up like crazy and most of them will never make it the the pro ranks. It has little to do with the amount of gear the guys are taking. Sure they need it to compete at that level but 99.9% of the pros have great genetics. I don't understand how anyone could disagree. Sure these guys spend 5x as much as the average Joe but the average Joe is not Pro making 5 or 6 figures. Let's compare the amount Pro take and amauters take and you guys would be surprised. Now I am not knocking the amauters but just being real with the pros.

Read this

[QUOTE=BullDogg20]Hey Russ616 take it easy would ya,

This is for you and 50% animal. You guys need to read this:

Someone please help me understand why people think the way they do.
    Please listen to this article.

Body Building is one of the few sports, maybe the only sport, in which it's not unusual for some new comers to think they can train for a few months and be as good as the sport's leading stars. When the expected progress doesn't happen, they fall back on the excuses, such as " I COULD BE AS GOOD AS THE TOP GUYS IF I USED THE AMOUNT OF DRUGS THEY USE. " or " IF I DIDN'T WORK AND THAT WAS MY FULL TIME JOB " In reality , the top guys are GENITICALLY gifted- did you hear that- genitically gifted..... they have an advantage from birth. You can't decide to be a world class sprinter at 20 if you weren't the fasted kid in town a 5, 10, 15 and so on. Performance enhancing drugs , although effective, are overrated, and the main qualities a champion BB posesses are superior genetics to respond to muscle building stimuli and superdrive to take advantage of those genetics.
    We have all seen novices at the gym who make remarkable gains in little time w/out using drugs. That's because they have good genetics and work ethnic. A champion who has good genetics and plenty of drive will respond much better than mere mortals to a traditional drug cycle. When the average guy tries the same cycle and doesn't see half the results he starts to believe the following:
    Either the champion BB has a "secret drug" or the champion is using an insane amount of drugs. The truth is the gifted BB doesn't need more that a traditional cycle to augment his progress. Just remember DESIRE is secret drug. Hard ass training, hard ass dieting, undaunted discipline and DESIRE. Stop hating and just train hard.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Although ronnie has been on top for the past couple years... He still in my eyes has the overall best physic of all the pros...

[QUOTE=Russ616]
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDogg20
    Hey Russ616 take it easy would ya,

This is for you and 50% animal. You guys need to read this:

Someone please help me understand why people think the way they do.
    Please listen to this article.

Body Building is one of the few sports, maybe the only sport, in which it's not unusual for some new comers to think they can train for a few months and be as good as the sport's leading stars. When the expected progress doesn't happen, they fall back on the excuses, such as " I COULD BE AS GOOD AS THE TOP GUYS IF I USED THE AMOUNT OF DRUGS THEY USE. " or " IF I DIDN'T WORK AND THAT WAS MY FULL TIME JOB " In reality , the top guys are GENITICALLY gifted- did you hear that- genitically gifted..... they have an advantage from birth. You can't decide to be a world class sprinter at 20 if you weren't the fasted kid in town a 5, 10, 15 and so on. Performance enhancing drugs , although effective, are overrated, and the main qualities a champion BB posesses are superior genetics to respond to muscle building stimuli and superdrive to take advantage of those genetics.
    We have all seen novices at the gym who make remarkable gains in little time w/out using drugs. That's because they have good genetics and work ethnic. A champion who has good genetics and plenty of drive will respond much better than mere mortals to a traditional drug cycle. When the average guy tries the same cycle and doesn't see half the results he starts to believe the following:
    Either the champion BB has a "secret drug" or the champion is using an insane amount of drugs. The truth is the gifted BB doesn't need more that a traditional cycle to augment his progress. Just remember DESIRE is secret drug. Hard ass training, hard ass dieting, undaunted discipline and DESIRE. Stop hating and just train hard.

LOl you are twisting what i said completly.
    Its obvious these top Body Builders have good genetics i never said they didnt.
    What i said was they dont necesarily rely on their own good genetics any more. They rely on massive amounts of gear with a huge finacial backing. you tell me one top rated pro bodybuilder who doesnt have a big Paycheck comming his way from endorsments... etc. I cant think of one.
    I am no Newb Bro. I know it takes Hard work and Dedication and proper dieting to get like they do.
    Maybe i was slightly wrong saying thety didnt have a good work ethic now adays,.

Great genetics plays a large role, however Genetics does not make you 287 lbs lean on a fram thats only 6 foot, GH and Steriods accompanied by Diet and hard work get you their.
    Look at lou fourigno, Biggest BodyBuilder of his time, did he take roids? of course he did, But i can guaranty he nor most of the other BBs of his time didnt even come close to taking what todays pros take. Its ridiculous.

anyways i am done with this thread, i have my Opinion you have yours.
    Sh

one more point about Genetics.
    Arnold is a picture perfect from of great genetics.
    Ronnie yes has good genetics but come on arnold looks 100 times more geneticly gifted in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BullDogg20
    LOl you are twisting what i said completly.
    Its obvious these top Body Builders have good genetics i never said they didnt.
    What i said was they dont necesarily rely on their own good genetics any more. They rely on massive amounts of gear with a huge finacial backing. you tell me one top rated pro bodybuilder who doesnt have a big Paycheck comming his way from endorsments... etc. I cant think of one.
    I am no Newb Bro. I know it takes Hard work and Dedication and proper dieting to get like they do.
    Maybe i was slightly wrong saying thety didnt have a good work ethic now adays,.

Great genetics plays a large role, however Genetics does not make you 287 lbs lean on a fram thats only 6 foot, GH and Steriods accompanied by Diet and hard work get you their.
    Look at lou fourigno, Biggest BodyBuilder of his time, did he take roids? of course he did, But i can guaranty he nor most of the other BBs of his time didnt even come close to taking what todays pros take. Its ridiculous.

anyways i am done with this thread, i have my Opinion you have yours.
    Sh

Listen dude...
    Most of todays BB don't make crap for $. Only a few top guys make a good living. Look at guys like Mike Matarazzo or Rodney St Cloud. These guys are huge and make squat from BB. You and me make more at our normal jobs. that's why these guys have other full time jobs. It almost sounds like you are saying that if you had the $ and the juice you could be as big. Rethink what you are saying....Another thing, take notice the the bb are all 99.9% in there thirties and started training when they were 21 or 22. With or without sick amount of juice, good genetics and discipline it took 10 years to turn pro. That called hard ass work...

I said top BodyBuilders DUDE!!!!!!!not just any Bodybuilder.
    Jay, Dexter, Chris, Ronnie, Kevin,gunter, Dennis to name a few of the top rated Bodybuilders all make a **** load of money from endorsements.
    Stop turning what i said into something ****en else.
    I never once ****en said if i took as much juice as them i could be as big as them, so dont make up Bull****. Their are lots of Bodybuilders who have their pro card who are in their 20's, doesnt mean they are top rated BB yet though. you are beginning to piss me off by saying **** that i didnt even say or by changing the meaning of what i said.
    7 Years ago Ronnie was just an Average Bodybuilder in the Pro ranks, he wasnt even a big Contendor. The next Year he blew up and won the Mr O. dont tell me genetics made him blow uop that quick, and dont tell me him putting on almost 40 lbs this year is Genetics, Its all chemical science. that said with out Hard work or good diet he wouldnt have out that on, but obviously it wasnt great genetics that made him put almost 40 lbs of lean muslce on this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information