Fantomg is offline Banned

TA Just finished

Ahhh what the hell, just posting this after completing a 4g conversion for the first time. Had to celebrate my savings.

However, there are a couple things I'd like to confirm with other postings. (I'll dupe this in the lab forum)

Re: Watman .45's - It took 3 to finish a 4g kit. They clog quickly and reduce from a steady drip (appx 4/second) to 1 drip per second and the pressure needed to squeeze out more had to be close to blowing the filter itself.
    ***Better to buy extra filters if you are buying a kit***
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TA Just finished-homebrew.jpg  

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    of course you should always have extras because they do clog but 3 to do a 4g kit is insane. you lost alot of fina there bro because 1 filter holds almost a full ml
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    of course you should always have extras because they do clog but 3 to do a 4g kit is insane. you lost alot of fina there bro because 1 filter holds almost a full ml
    Yeh, I wasn't too happy as it did seem (just from eyeballing it) that there was a substantial amount left in the filter. Looking back, I think I may have pulled too much sludge by drawing too close to the area where the oil meets the sediment. It's probably what clogged the filters pre-maturely.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomg View Post
    Yeh, I wasn't too happy as it did seem (just from eyeballing it) that there was a substantial amount left in the filter. Looking back, I think I may have pulled too much sludge by drawing too close to the area where the oil meets the sediment. It's probably what clogged the filters pre-maturely.
    that probably was the case. the sludge is all the fillers used in the pellets so you want to avoid injecting them.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    that probably was the case. the sludge is all the fillers used in the pellets so you want to avoid injecting them.
    Yeh - next time I'll leave a little more oil near the sludge and rely on coffee filtering to get the remainder. There's no doubt that you lose X? amount of mg's no matter how careful you are. I may even make an attempt at using the crystal fina method as it would seem to yield higher and be more accurate.

Regardless, this batch has already had me considering laying plastic under the bed sheets. Doesn't help when you live in a climate that breaches 110 degrees in the summer.

Thread Information