210-6foot is offline Junior Member

Some Little Powerlifting Questions

Ok, I am lifting 3 days.. Squat, Bench, and Deadlift. Of course Monday, Wensday, & Friday. Would it be alright to lift alil neck on deadlift day? Yes, or no? Or what other day? And another lift would be Power Cleans & Snatchs... what day should I lift them, or shouldn't I? Any help would be sha-weet.

Powerlifter242 is offline New Member
    It's fine to do neck on deadlift day. I've never found olympic lifting helpful for powerliftng, but who knows? I would do some research on the Westside methods as there is nothing better out there.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i used clean fro a training cycle after deadlifts, at 175lbs i pulled 600 in a contest raw and drug free, they realy help with explosion off the floor. i only used powercleans, i would scrtach the snatch, it is way to much tecnique

Sweet deal, thanks guys. So Power Cleans after deadlifts and then neck?

if you like the cleans hit them up! i would cycle then in my workouts for 3 wks at a time or at least after 3 wks drop your weigh back lighter and work you way up again for another 3 wks and repeat, to many wks of heavy cleans will burnout your CNS

cns? Good tip, thank you!

central nervous system

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    Some of you guys have praised cleans and SLDL, so I decided to through a bunch of stuff in my workouts that I don't do much of. I can barely explain the kind of results I have had in only a month's time. I did lockouts on conventional deadlifts (the weak point of my con DL because I am a sumo style DLer) from my knees last saturday and I did 90 lbs more than I have ever conventionally DLed! I can't wait to see what kind of increase I get on the sumo style. I have no other way to explain it other than cleans and SLDL.

power65 is offline Associate Member
    I too like working in small cycles of doing cleans, but the important thing in doing cleans is BE SURE YOU ARE ACTUALLY DOING CLEANS. Very rarely do I actually see anyone doing a true powerclean. Note: the object here is to explode the wt. off of the floor. About 80% of everyone I see doing cleans; even veteran lifters, do them incorrectly. The technic for doing cleans is hard to master and takes some time to get the technic down correctly. If you've never done cleans before odds are you are doing them incorrectly. Try to find someone that actually knows how to do them and have them watch you. IE....the personal trainers at your gym will not know how to do them unless they have a back ground in olympic wt. lifting. LOL>

when doing cleans, get the bar just above yor stomach area with the inital explosive pull then drop underneath the bar as quick as possible(you may actually jump when doing this movement ) drop you ass all the way down well below paralell and catch the weight low , quickly stabilize and stand up, not sure? find some clips of olympic lifters and watch the tecnique than try it yourself

thsi all should be done in one floing continuous movemnt , not aall ratchety like you are doing 3 seperate movements. if you are taking the weight off the floor and immediately almost end up in the standing position when catching the bar, you are not doing an olympic clean

www.*************/ that wht the *********** are for above, put it together to get some more info on the clean

screw it, for some reason it won't let me link everyone to the site

haha send me a message or something haha. Try to space it out.

now i cant even findit again! damn IT!!!! trust me the clip wasn t that great, search around the net and you will find alot of info on how to do cleans, and another site where they sell a video that teaches you proper tech. i learned not by buying the vid. but by watching others perform it properly

Thread Information