Velkar182 is offline Banned

Pretty P.O. about 1220 squat!

Please google Mike Miller's viedeo of his 1220 "world record" squat. This is getting to be a bit ridiculous. There is no way, even for a big guy with an odd fulcrum that he broke parallel. The title of the video should be "Mike Miller: King of the full squat even though he only does half squats and glorified quarters." When is someone going to say the emperor has no clothes on? This is BS. PERIOD! Anyone anywhere who calls it a good squat should be banned lifetime from judging in any federation. I think I'll go home and strart practicing squats where a slight bend in the knee or hip constitutes a good squat. I figure when Miller and his hand picked judges are done, a good squat will be constituted by any vertical movement of the bar. We are entering an age when the only thing that will matter is the squat at a meet. I am aiming for 2500-610-650, how about you guys. If this doesn't make you livid your not a PLer interested in preserving our sport.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i have been saying this for years. millers squat id a joke, he got only 600 raw at the NERB, missed 700 something twice, than a few wk 's later he hits 1220? BS! it is a half squat at best, also look at any of the WPO guys, chuck V's squats ARE all high, if the orgs. i lifted in gave gifts away like that i would put up huge numbers too. so would all of you. it is such CRAP

read the post i wrote.the"sam byrd" one, i rant about how subjective the squat has become. soon it will be lke the olympic lifting over head press, EXTINCT from competition.i see a great rise in more push pull meets in the future. the squat is a fckn joke

Phildude is offline Junior Member
    http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/vid...-1220Squat.WMV

quick link.

I am new, but still know that isn't parallel...

At my one thing I did, intramural lifting for college, people weren't going parallel, and the guys doing it said "UP" before they were parallel a lot. When I did mine I went a little below parallel and they said I was going way down, I didn't need to go that low. Don't think they have much experience!

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    Aside from steroid and eqipment controversy, the future of our sport depends on the establishing an object squat. Although Mike Miller is a great athlete, he and many others are hurting our sport. I don't think enough PLers appreciate the seriousness of the situation.

What needs to be done is before every meet and after weigh ins, every PLer should sit on boxes and a the parallel breaking point should be decided. Then it should be recorded and a laser pointer should be put where the crotch will be if parallel is broken by an individual. Maybe even have a sound go off when the squatter has broken the laser pointer's beam.

Like anything objective, the squat must be clearly defined in writing and then there must be well defined parameters, such as what I suggested. If sitting on a box x inches off the grounds to establish a parallel point is necessary, we should do it, or something like it. Of course, I think some feds are just straight liars and know damn well no one is going parallel.

i agree velkar

Diesel525 is offline New Member
    im new to PL as well and i know that wasnt even close to a parallel squat instead of me shooting for a 450 squat if i go that low on my competition i think ill go for a 600 but i hope they do something like velkar. It would help people with there lifts better and stop missing them and there wouldn't be any controversy anymore if they made a very specific parallel spot for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel525
    im new to PL as well and i know that wasnt even close to a parallel squat instead of me shooting for a 450 squat if i go that low on my competition i think ill go for a 600 but i hope they do something like velkar. It would help people with there lifts better and stop missing them and there wouldn't be any controversy anymore if they made a very specific parallel spot for everyone
    ????????

BNK
    BNK is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel525

space.ghost is offline Junior Member
    What he means to say is..... "LIVE from New York, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!"

hahahahahah!

half squats are a growing trend in the gyms I notice...I travel to different cities all the time so I check plenty of gyms out... Alot of men doing half squats... I just don't know

half squats are a growing trend in the gyms I notice...I travel to different cities all the time so I check plenty of gyms out... Alot of men doing half squats... I just don't know.

SORRY Hit it twice...
    Last edited by space.ghost; 10-04-2006 at 08:01 PM.

well with the new equipment i undrstand, it is a bitch to breal parallel, i had a pair of boss briefs and a boss suit on and i couldnt get 600lbs past a 1/4 squat. i have no idea what it is going to take to get me under paralel. made a decison, i am done with 3 lift equiped meets(going to do one more i have been training for), i am doing push pulls equiped and thats it, i hate the fckn squat suit

Thread Information