can't seem to get comfortable with sumo tech.

I have just started pulling heavy again, I am right at 500, I have always had a more narrow stance but seems that sumo is the way to go, seems like I am getting to much valgus strain on my knee joint any tips?

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    How long have you been away from pulling?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    knee sleeves may help or even wraping with knee wraps. i myself dont use knee wraps, but i know alot of top deadlifters who do use them

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    I'm asking how long you've been away from deadlifting, because I know a bunch of goofballs at my gym who will get completely out of Powerlifting and only workout BB stuff for the summer, and this time of year they start trying to pull what they left off at. That's not good! I saw a guy injure his knee because he didn't work up to the heavy pulls over a couple of weeks instead of jumping in thinking because they could pull that much still, that it was a license to go heavy off the the start.

I have been back at it for 3 mnths heavy, I would say about 9 mnths I went w/o going over 315 for sets of 5. I will try the wraps, and see what happens. thanks fellas, doc found anything out about what I PM'd you about?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    hulkster, refresh my memory via PM. i cant remeber the specifics, i get alot of pm's.

Thread Information