dustycraven is offline New Member

how many times bodyweight is good for DL?

i'm 18 (training for 9 months), 5'3"@178 and 17%BF going for a 405lb 1RM deadlift next week. When i do it, will it be below, medium, or above naverage deadlift for my weight? thanks guys!

TeenMyth is offline New Member
    Well your pulling double your bodyweight, so that is good. And your young, wait a few years and that 405 can go to 605 or even 705.

space.ghost is offline Junior Member

yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by dustycraven
    i'm 18 (training for 9 months), 5'3"@178 and 17%BF going for a 405lb 1RM deadlift next week. When i do it, will it be below, medium, or above naverage deadlift for my weight? thanks guys!

405 is a good number for your age and weight...Many more advanced PLs at your weight and age don't pull much more than that...highschool stat wise. you should feel proud

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    great lifting bro! im not sure what 181 lb class 18 yr olds are pulling these days, but Id say you could prolly get a state record with that in most federations for sure.

space.ghost is offline Junior Member
    I would say state records will be in the 500s-600s for the 181 weight class but still thats comparing yourself to a 4th year experienced power lifter...Your naturally doing good...keep training and you will go far.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    records for the teens in drug free orgs in the 181class are at least 500. you are still pulling well, give it time and the gains will keep coming, when you get to 3x your BW, than you are doing very well. for the raw lifter if, you can squat and deadlift 3 times your BW and press twice your bodyweight, you are at the head of the class

Thread Information