solidj55 is offline Member

My new Non-Westside Routine

Ive decided that I am going to convert back to my traditional style of routine rather than sticking with Westside. There are a lot of things about Westside that I like but there are also a lot of things that I like about a traditional old school workout. So now that I have tried bodybuilding routines, Westside Barbell, and old school powerlifting routines I am combining everything that "I know works for me" along with some ideas and help from a few other people. I am using some ideas that Powerlifterjay used to use in his workout along with, Freaks Routine of periodization, along with some of Vincent Dizenso's ideas. Anyway this is what it will look like.

Monday

BENCH PRESS-(Using the "Freak System")5-6 sets going up in weight each set using a form of periodization

CLOSEGRIP INCLINE PRESS-(something that worked wonders for my triceps)1set using HIT style method, starting at 12 reps first week and adding weight and dropping reps each week.

TRICEP PUSHDOWNS-3x8 with moderate weight
    Row(different row every two weeks) or Face Pulls-3x5-7 using heavy weight

FRONT DELT RAISES-2x8 with moderate weight

Thursday

BOARD PRESSES-(Ill alternate between 1,2,3 Boards)-Work up to a heavy triple or single

BENCH PRESS w/shirt-(Metal Militia Idea)- just one set of 1-5 reps(Ill only be using this about 6 weeks out before a meet)

PULLDOWNS-(alternate each week between close and wide grip)-3x10-12 moderate to light weight

REAR DELT FLY-2x8 Moderate weight

TRICEP EXTENSIONS-2x5-7 moderate to heavy weight

SO thats basically what its going to look like for anyone that may be interested. Like I said before I picked a combination of things that I knew worked well for me out of all the workouts that Ive done as well as
    incorporating some ideas from those mentioned and wah lah there it is.

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds good.
    I think you mentioned the MOST IMPORTANT THING

It's what works for YOU! You have experienced many different methods
    and you are combining them to fit you.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Your right man, that is the most important thing. The only thing that is new, in a way, is the routine Freak gave me for the bench press itself. But I feel pretty confident that it will work because it is similar to what Ive used before with good success. I will let everyone know the outcome of the routine in seven weeks.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Dude that sounds like an excellent routine. It works and you are hittin good reps and still hittin heavy weights. I think if i ever swtich back i would actually do soemthin very similiar. I wanna try Vinces idea with the shirts. Sounds awesome. I still might. As ME work.

Thanks Jay, hell your the one who has probably had the most influence on my training ideas anyway, with the exception of Freak who aided me in his bench press routine and Vinces idea about the shirt. The only thing I really adopted from Westside is about doing the rows and how I will set up my board work when I max out on them. We shall see what the results are like.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    I look forward to seeing myself. Man i wann try the metal militia trainig pre contest. Not right now cause i am doing westside , but in the future. Even though i may use my shirt alot on ME day this comng contest. Good luck with it Solid. I am excited for ya.

POWERLIFTERJAY-I BET YOU WOULD FUCKING SKY ROCKET IN STRENGTH IF YOU TRAINED METAL MILITIA STYLE. YOU SEEMED TO DO AWESOME WHEN YOU WERE RAW BENCHING AND USING BOARDS, ONLY DIFFERENCE WOULD BE ADDING THE SHIRT WORKOUT IN AND CUTTING BACK ON THE NUMBER OF SETS YOU DO. LET ME KNOW IF YOU DECIDE TO USE IT AND HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU.

Thread Information