powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member

OK M.E BENCH WORK FOR AUG 8th

Ok i posted my speed workout for monday now i will post my ME for this week.

warmups. And good too!
    Tonight, we do reverse green band board presses.
    405 x 3 4 brd
    500 x 3 4 brd
    585 x 1 4 brd
    635 x 1 4 brd
    675 x 1 4 brd
    700 x 1 5 brd
    725 x 1 5 brd

tricep machine (simulated scull crushers)! Hey we were tired!
    push downs 3 x 10 with 100 lbs

side raises,

Out!!

Superman75 is offline New Member
    Damm Jay! 725! Just being able to hold that much weight is awesome!

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    AWESOME JAY!

solidj55 is offline Member
    Good job jay, your getting stronger than hell.

jimmydean is offline New Member
    I gotta tell you guys, training with pljay is awesome. I've never had a better training partner. My gains have never been better. We really push each other beyond our limits. I just wish we could get Teen Myth on our schedule.

Jagermeister is offline Junior Member
    powerlifterjay,

how did you set the bands up? did you fold them in half?

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    hey pl.....

are you using a shirt to train with that weight? fuck that is a lot.

thanks for the reply to my earlier post. btw: i'd love to publish your journal on my site. lets talk via email.

once again, i think i got out of work too late to give you a call. maybe tomorrow!

peace.

jimmydean is offline New Member
    Jag, we have two handles on each side of the power rack attached to long pieces of flat steel that are shoved underneath the platform. The bands are looped through the handles, then wrapped under the flat steel before being hooked to the bar.

bigokie is offline Junior Member
    Damn it Jay, that's fucking awesome. 725, I think I might be able to squat that.

Do you always do your boards like that, I mean going from say 2 to 3 to 4 as the weight gets heavier? I saw that Schaefer does something real similar working up to what he wants to bench at his next meet off of his 4 board. I like that idea but haven't tried it yet.

But the skullcrusher machine?, did you have to push the little girls out of the way first? Dude just kidding, that sounds like a kick ass workout!

Keep it up and let me know on the WPO thing!

benchmonster is offline Junior Member
    Great work Jay. You too JimmieDean. Glad to hear that is working out for you. I am anxious to see what you do in your next meet, with this and speed work in your arsenal, it may not be long before we have another 700 bencher on our hands.

And I can totally relate to the skullcrusher machine after the shirt/board presses. I am so fried in my tris after shirt/board work I am usually 50 lbs or more off of my normal tricep exercise working weight.

Smokin weights man. That is truly awesome. Great work.

B.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Well for starters thanks for the confidence. I will answer in order! Lets see.....

Jimmie Dean you are my bro. Wothout our training together i WOULD not lift what i do. You are my mentor and the reason i switched to westside!

Jager the green bands were just looped once thorugh the top of the power rack which if i am correct is 7 ft. We Actually weighed this on a scale with 725 loaded on the bar i had 670 at lockout and about 635 on the board.

Irish no shirt bro. I havent done that yet. Meaning boards , bands and shirt. WE are gonna try it soon though. Bench monster has kinda got my curious about those.

Big okie yes i pretty much always do that. I look at it like this , and always have, if i go to 1 rep failure with a 3 brd did i really go to failure? I mean with another board i got more left. i go till iam done. BUt next time i do boards there will be a different poistion for the bands. Maybe none. Or i just go to failure on floor press. But i rarely go over 2 boards menaing a 3 or 4 or i will use a 4 and 5. Not 3, 4, and ,5 , even though i have done that too. And i know i left my self open for the skul crusher machine! Hey man i was spent.

Bench monster you are right i am very excited to see what happens in my next meet. I have way more then 600 in me anyway. When i get my shirt 100% and add in my new arsenal i am looing to go 650 ish next meet. I feel in June i was already 625 ish. If my shirt would hav ebeen pulled down the 625 attempt would have went up. I feel. So gettign 25 more will be not much to ask for.

And by the way i am sore as hell today!!

Thread Information