powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member

Me Bench For Aug 15th

Well i will send in my workout to the journal but thought i would share the main movemnt with ya'll. Everyones feed back as been very helpful.

Tonight we did : 4 board press with Big greens and big blues choked down. I say big bands cause i relaize now there are different sizes but same colors. We had estimated the band tension between 150 to 200 so i would say 175! How bout dat! GUys if you do bands choked down you realize you must have speed to push to lockout. Hell i had trouble with 225 if i pushed slowly. (i did to test speed). But here is the core movemnt of the night

all sets with big greens and blues choked

225 x 5
    315 x 5
    365 x 3
    405 x 1
    425 x 1
    455 x 1 all these were extrmely fast. Actually 455 was as fast as 365!
    500 x 1 miss. I just came down to low and didnt try to push it back up.
    I was way out of groove.

But if you like boards these are awesome. YOu use less weight but with a shit load of tension. Great workout. I felt like i had more n me after those and the rest of the workout. BUt it was still good. Check the journal for the rest! Later guys.

bigokie is offline Junior Member
    I think your tension was right on or maybe just a hair low. Seems like a good workout. I have started to use more and more band tension during lifts. I don't think Halbert ever does an exercise without bands anymore. I'm trying to work up to this. So far it's working good. I am gonna buy some more blues so I can use 2 blues choked per side eventually. I really need to make some more boards, right now I only have 3 and 5. I'm gonna make a 2, 4, and a 6.

That really sounds like a kick ass workout. What did you do after for triceps?

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Well after those i did JM presses, and then for shoulders i did seated military presses with barbell, and then rear delts. I feel like i could have trained harder on the Jm's and Militaries. BUt the main ME movement is my focus for the night, and it went well.

I use bands for everything. I think if there is a way to rig them up for it then use them. The more tension the better. Right now i would rather add bands then weight.

Thread Information