Crankman is offline New Member

after 10 years dont know where to start..

hi,

well after 10 years of traditional bobyduilding workout...well im not a bodybuilder but in good shape..was a wide receiver in college and neverstop trained since..

In the last year didnt find any motivation..the only time is dec2006 where i did 5x5 billstarr training..for about 2months...then motivation went down...anyway..recently realized that i wanna try something else so i wanna train powerlifter way...but i dont know where to start..

3x3
    5x5
    westside...

which one is the best...i also play hockey one or twice a week...im 32..6f and about 13%bodyfat...190lbs..

also on 3x3 could i add some complemetary work for arm and shoulders...a few superset maybe..also dont wanna lose my abs..even if at 13% there not really there..!!

thanks guys!

Midwest Viking is offline Junior Member
    I don't do any isolation movements, but I am pretty lean. I don't have razor cut abs, but they are there, I have a good split in my chest, seperation in my shoulders, etc.... All I do are the basic compound movements. On bench day I do flat, incline, decline bench. Then end with tricep movements, like skull crushers, overhead db extensions, etc.
    On Deadlift day, I do deadlift, barbell rows, and super wide pullups.
    On squat day I do alot of squat.
    As far as reps go, I never go higher than 5 reps on the way up on a lift, then usually peak by doing one amount of weight for 3 sets of 3, then work back down for 2 sets of 10 reps or more.
    This is what works for me.
    Good luck to you, I hope you can find what works for you in both personal motivation, and lifting goals.

Crankman is offline New Member
    found a WONDERFULL excel sheet for 5x5 advanced from BillStarr...this is where i will start my new training way!!

quick question...i sometime have a busy schedule..imwondering if i cant hit the gym 2 days in a row sometimes...especially at the beginning of the programm...

thanks

Thread Information