dasher82 is offline New Member

front squats: are they worth it?

I used to compete in superman meets (5lifts total- bench,squat,deadlift,snatch,clean & jerk). Part of my training consisted of front squats to help with the olympic lifts but, now that I'm getting back into powerlifting and dont really want to bother with the olympic lifts. I was curious if any of you competitive powerlifters bother with front squats? I feel front squats could be a very powerful training tool however I never really see any top powerlifters using them in their training.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think since a powerlifting style squat is so different from a front squat (front squats are more quads, than hips and back), most powerlifters don't mess with them. When I competed in powerlifting I never did front squats, but since switching to strongman, I incorporate them into my training frequently mainly because many events in strongman require massive quad strength.

scottish is offline Associate Member
    Ive never used them. Not sure if they would benefit you or not

cmillett is offline Member
    really depends on your SQ stance,If your a narrow or quad squater then I would say yes they could benefit,but if your are a wide stance squater,I dont see any benefits at all.

Thread Information