cmillett is offline Member

Maybe I got it right this time ?

Ok , I have been threw 4 different custom varitaions of 2 ply Rage Xs, and a stock 2 ply stitched A/S Katana....My problem is that I have long ass arms for my height, a 74" reach @ 5'7" to be exact ....... I use a MM set up for the bench.My problem is that arms are so long that my elbows sink deeper than most so my shirt calls for more stretch.Well I get the stretch and pop from the Rage X , but the carry over sucks comperd too other guys that are my size..I cant have it so damn tight because I wouldnt be able too touch due the length of my arms..

The Katana , I love the way this shirt fits ! But I dont get the POP off the chest,like I do with the rage Xs , Also due too my arms again,I get a premature stop due too the stitching and hardly any carry over threw the lift because of the lack of stretch..

So know Ive decided after talking too Ken Anderson to get a Katana A/S NON stitched chest plate with stitched arms...He said I should have great arm support and good stretch in the chest for my arms and great POP due too the abscence of the grid stitching in the chest.I was wanting too get a S/S but he said that since I arch It would be better too go with the A/S..

I was also looking at the metal Bash 2 ply.....
    Last edited by cmillett; 02-21-2008 at 12:25 PM.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    sounds good... let us know how it goes for ya!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i would talk with ken anderson. see if he can get you a hold of the titan boss shirt. i have been hearing a lot of positives about the shirt i know sponsored lifters are using the shirt. i dont know if it is available to the public yet

Thanks Doc,

ken seems too think that the @ ply Katana without the grid stitching on the chest plated but with the arms stitched would be better for my frame.The chest plate should have more give and the arms have enough strength to give good support to my over average length of arms.

I also talked too him about the boss shirt and he said he would get me one if the katan didnt work out

So if this doesnt seem too work I'll be looking into the Metals and the Boss.

It sucks being an odd ball

artica is offline Junior Member
    I think your putting too much emphasis on a shirt and not enough on training and strength.

It sounds like your searching for the perfect shirt? but in essence you make the shirt perfect for you. I have gone through shirt after shirt, I too have long arms like yourself. My progress is always at a halt when I switch from shirt to shirt to shirt, hoping one is going to make it EASY for me. Truth of the matter is shirt benching is not easy, but it can get easier with time and practice. The best results are seen after you figure the shirt out like the back of your hand, it's utterly impossible to do if you just don't spend enough time with one MAKING IT work for you and not the shirt working you.

Just grab a shirt and go. Spend time in it, sleep with it, shower with it. Richie Briggs who is perhaps in the top 5 benchers are around internationally right now, the hits numbers after numbers and hardly ever bombs, has been using the same shirt (not the same type) but the same exact stank old raggety shirt for two years now. The only thing that changes over time is he gets stronger and better in the shirt.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cmillett View Post
    Thanks Doc,

ken seems too think that the @ ply Katana without the grid stitching on the chest plated but with the arms stitched would be better for my frame.The chest plate should have more give and the arms have enough strength to give good support to my over average length of arms.

I also talked too him about the boss shirt and he said he would get me one if the katan didnt work out

So if this doesnt seem too work I'll be looking into the Metals and the Boss.

It sucks being an odd ball
    stay way from the metal shirts.i tried one, and was warned it would suck,it did suck! others i know who have used them have had problems. yes some people like them, but i know many more who dont

Quote Originally Posted by artica View Post
    I think your putting too much emphasis on a shirt and not enough on training and strength.

It sounds like your searching for the perfect shirt? but in essence you make the shirt perfect for you. I have gone through shirt after shirt, I too have long arms like yourself. My progress is always at a halt when I switch from shirt to shirt to shirt, hoping one is going to make it EASY for me. Truth of the matter is shirt benching is not easy, but it can get easier with time and practice. The best results are seen after you figure the shirt out like the back of your hand, it's utterly impossible to do if you just don't spend enough time with one MAKING IT work for you and not the shirt working you.

Just grab a shirt and go. Spend time in it, sleep with it, shower with it. Richie Briggs who is perhaps in the top 5 benchers are around internationally right now, the hits numbers after numbers and hardly ever bombs, has been using the same shirt (not the same type) but the same exact stank old raggety shirt for two years now. The only thing that changes over time is he gets stronger and better in the shirt.

Good luck.
    sound advice. i am the product of trying out to many shirts and not sticking with the one that worked for me. i kept trying to find one that could give me even more. all this did was backfire on me and i bombed in my last meet. (first time i ever bomed and it sucks!!!) pick a shirt, learn it, stick with it until it doesnt work.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Artica is on to something here... I still love my RageX that I purchase 2 years ago. Just something about that shirt feels right... really the only shirt I've ever felt automatic in. I can still pimp the thing out and have weight not touch... you gotta love that. No doubt about it, patience is a virtue when it comes to getting the most out of a shirt. Regardless though bro... keep us posted. Good luck and keep lifting big!!!

Thanks artica , very solid advice bro !

Ive only been shirted benching for shy of 3 yrs now and have gained alot more strength and have learned a ton and still learning.....Ive gooten to the point of (I think) of knowing what I need out of a shirt too work for me .... After evaluating my shirt work form ,advice from pros as yourselves , I believe a shirt unstitched in the chest plate with reinforced sleeves will be right up my alley...I agrre with you , it does seem that Im putting way too much focus on different shirts, But I can hoestly say I put my time in them and have learned alot from them on what I think would be best for me...Ive been in the shirts enough too know which one did this and did that so far as support here and not enough there,I just want what would be best for me Cant blame me LOL ..Hel I enjoy it !

Thanks guys , I will keep yall posted

artica is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillett View Post
    Thanks artica , very solid advice bro !

Ive only been shirted benching for shy of 3 yrs now and have gained alot more strength and have learned a ton and still learning.....Ive gooten to the point of (I think) of knowing what I need out of a shirt too work for me .... After evaluating my shirt work form ,advice from pros as yourselves , I believe a shirt unstitched in the chest plate with reinforced sleeves will be right up my alley...I agrre with you , it does seem that Im putting way too much focus on different shirts, But I can hoestly say I put my time in them and have learned alot from them on what I think would be best for me...Ive been in the shirts enough too know which one did this and did that so far as support here and not enough there,I just want what would be best for me Cant blame me LOL ..Hel I enjoy it !

Thanks guys , I will keep yall posted
    Excellent... you have the experience on hand for sure, you have been doing this longer than I have. Hopefully this shirt works for you... give it time though and ride it out for the long haul. Good luck and please keep us posted and updated on how things go for you.

Thread Information