Thread: 10/6 ME bench

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member

10/6 ME bench

Floor Press (pinky on ring)
    225x1, 275x1, 315x1, 335x1

Shirt Bench (Karin Double Denim, closed back w/velcro)
    275x3, 365x2, 405x1

Rolling DB Ext
    30x10, 55 2x8, 65 3x8

Chest Supported Row
    70x10, 115 2x8, 100x10, 55x20

Face Pulls
    40 3x30

Triceps Rope Pushdowns
    90 4x10

Standing Cable Abs
    70 3x10

Notes: I really hate the floor press. It’s hard for me to keep any lat tightness on the floor. When I don’t stay tight, my right shoulder is even more unstable than usual, so I doubt I will do floor press very often anymore. I found that to be the problem with the shirt today also. I more than likely be using an open back shirt from now own. All the weights I did in the shirt ‘felt’ heavy, because I couldn’t get tight on the set up. I was unable to pull my shoulder blades together and get a tight set because the shirt is too restrictive. The open back will solve this problem. My Karin open back should be in this week and I will try it next Sunday. Even though I was able to do the weights I tried today, I feel they should have been much easier and shouldn’t have felt as heavy as they did.

chad
    carolinapower.net

deciever is offline Associate Member
    okay, the floor press looked strong.. im suprised you missed 345

your 405 bench looked great. why didnt you go heavier? The only thing i noticed was that you had kinda a power transfer problem in the middle.... but thats not that bad.

i think yoiu would've been good for a lot more..

and btw, what song is that in the background of the 405 bench?

Floor presses are just one of those exercises where I will never gain a lot. I get a lot out of my set up (lats, leg drive, etc).

I was just getting a feel for the shirt. With that particular shirt, I couldn't get tight, because with the closed back denim, there is no give...so when I tried to pull my shoulder blades together..i couldnt. So it was basically benching with my back flattend out....which is no good for me because i get a lot of power from my lats.

The little stutter is caused by that too. Thats where the shirt kicks out and the triceps and back are left to finish the lift. Well, since the shirt took my back out of the equation, my triceps were left to do all the work. With a tight set up, the 405 should have flew up alot easier. I opted not to go up because the shirt wasnt working good for me. All the weights in the shirt felt heavy...as opposed to last week when I had 385 + minis (460#), which felt light, because I had a tight set up.

No worries though, my Karin open back will be here this week....and I will probably end up cutting the back on the one I used today. I will also end up cutting the INZER thats on the way.

The song was Independance by Flaw.

/chad
    carolinapower.net

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    How much do you think you get from a open back compared to the closed? Also do you use a radical cut on the open back?

With me, I think I can get a lot more with an open back. With the closed back, I just can't pull my shoulder blades together and get tight. I hope to go around 475-500 in December...which will more than likely be with an open back. I did 440 with a single denim open back w/radical cut back in July.

Karins shirt arm design is pretty much a radical cut. I have compared it to my Inzer and there really is no difference.

chad
    carolinapower.net

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    WOW tha fact that you get soo much outta diff shirts is awesome. I really gotta start readin up on EVERY shirt their is and then see what i do about measurements.

I will have a complete assesment but i just got in a new one yesterday, and i went smaller but no radical cut. Its tighter but i am in a more natural groove. The radical cut is designed (originally) for a closed back, or neck shirt. I think the one i just got is gonna really work good. I will know Thurs.

The groove feels terrible for me in a non-radical cut shirt. I tried one from INZER before, and it really forced my elbows out....I really like to tuck mine in a lot. EVery shirt works different for everyone, so you have to experiment I think.

Cuba...I could actually get just as much out of a closed back denim IF i had a little more material in the back to allow my shoulder blades to squeeze together. But you should experiment with shirts. I know its expensive, but to me, its the only way to know what works. Just like the Phenom. Everyone told me this shirt was great. John Inzer himself told me the Phenom would make Denim obsolete! I tried it, and didnt like it. I have just about tried all the shirts out there now...

/chad
    carolinapower.net

john martinez is offline New Member
    your lifts look good. By the way you'll love the open back! Make sure you wet it down first. God job!

True but with an open back you can (if you drop the radical cut) go even smaller by 1 inch. So you get the tightness but dont feel to tucked. Of course if you seen the extreme way i wear my shirts you would understand better what i mean. Try a shirt that takes a minimum of 600 to touch. BUt your lifts look good. Man just keep doing exactly what your doing and 500 will fall real soon.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    I love your Videos Chad! Keep em' comin!

John Martinezyup, I used the open back when I did 440 in July...but it didn't fit right. I called Karin Today, and I should have my openback by Friday (hopefully).

PLjay
    Just curious, how do you wear your shirts? I am guessing you pull them down a lot? Hopefully oneday I will need a shirt that takes 600 to touch! LoL, I am still trying to get mine where I need it now.

Thank you everyone for the support!

/chad
    carolinapower.net

Musc well I'll just have to wait til 2003 when things financially will HOPEFULLY be gettin better for me and then i'll try out some shirts. Diff one's

Well i think 2 people on here have had mixed reviews about it. KYSTATECHAIRMAN(I think) talked about how he loved it.

Well its always best to try as many as you can. I finally have a Titan Fury on the way (should be here Monday).

Lots of people are liking the Phenom. JT is sponsored by INZER now (i think), so it makes sense to 'love' the shirt, not to say that the Phenom isn't workin good for him. I tried it and wasn't impressed. I will leave it at that.

chad
    carolinapower.net

Chad i dont pull my shirts down at all for 600. In fact its as high up as it goes.

I pulled it down for 625 two weeks ago, about 1/2 inch. I like tight cause i can lockout 700 free weight off a 3 brd with a shirt. So i want my support in the bottom half.

Until i benched 550 i wore closed back denim. I subtracted 2 inches off chest and shoulders, 1/2 inch n arms.

thanks for the advice

Thread Information