Thread: Some RAW PRs

cmillett is offline Member

Some RAW PRs

Made some Raw PRs the other day.But let me back up a bit. I was training for an Raw APA meet on May10 ,but it was cancelled 1 wk out.So I decided tpo go ahead and max to see how well my routines worked.

Previous Raw Maxs @ 210 ,
    SQ 545
    Bench 405
    DL 475

Heres the results after an 8wk training cycle @ 205
    Present RAW Maxs
    SQ 625
    Bench 425
    DL 500

Heres the scheme I followed
    Sun SQ/DL
    Mon rest
    Tue Bench Main
    Wedn rest
    Thur SQ/DL assistance
    Fri Rest
    Sat Bench assistance

wk
    1.65% Bench 8x3 paused, SQ/DL x5/3x3
    2.70% Bench 6x3 paused, SQ/DL x5/3x3
    3.75% Bench 6x3 paused, SQ/DL x5/3x2
    4.80% Bench 3x3 + mini bands,SQ 3x3
    5.85% Bench 3x3 + mini bands,SQ/DL+chains 2x3/3x1
    6.90% Bench 2x2 = mini bands,SQ/DL+chains x2/2x1
    7.Deload,Bench 55% + light bands 3x5,SQ 60% 3x5
    8. Meet (well no meet,so i maxed)

My 2ndary work for the bench was 2brd with bands for 3x5 on wks 1-3.Didnt use any 2ndary work on wk 4. Wks 5-6 I used 3 brd with bands and chains 3x5.
    I also performed upper back work on both bench days.
    For example,
    Bench Main,
    Flat bench
    brd presses
    T-bar
    Shoulder work

Bench assistance,
    speed work
    Skull crushers
    Wide grip chins
    hammer curls
    Face pulls

I didnt use any 2ndary work for the SQ/DL main day since I was training raw.But what I did do was during my warmup sets prior to working sets I uses sets of 10-15 reps (not for the DL).

SQ.DL assistance consisted of , Leg extensions ,leg curls,GHRs or back extensions ,and abs

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    Congrats man, those are some big squats and benches. What's going on with those deadlifts though?

LOL , yea yea I know bro .

To be honest I really didnt start working on my deads till a couple yrs ago,but thats no excuse.

Thanks for the props bro

TR'05 is offline Member
    nice lifts cmillet; thanks for posting! Some very nice progress for 8 weeks.

How tall are you out of curiosity? Presumably, you have a squatter's build?

5'7" 205-210 29y/o

I have unusally long arms for my height.Back when I use to box , my reach was measured at 72' or 73' . That tends to kill my bench , but should help in the pulls . Ive just neglected my DLs untill a couple yrs ago.

So far as my SQs , Im a wide stance SQer . I also have lost 30% of my right outer quad along with my femur in a wreck around 8-9 yrs ago.I now compete with the loss muscle along with 2 pins in my knee a rod for a femur and a pin threw the ball of my hip. I feel i have accomplished alot in the SQs as far as my injury has let me.

Thanks for the props !

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillett View Post
    5'7" 205-210 29y/o

I have unusally long arms for my height.Back when I use to box , my reach was measured at 72' or 73' . That tends to kill my bench , but should help in the pulls . Ive just neglected my DLs untill a couple yrs ago.

So far as my SQs , Im a wide stance SQer . I also have lost 30% of my right outer quad along with my femur in a wreck around 8-9 yrs ago.I now compete with the loss muscle along with 2 pins in my knee a rod for a femur and a pin threw the ball of my hip. I feel i have accomplished alot in the SQs as far as my injury has let me.

Thanks for the props !
    i am shocked with your build your dead hasnt gone up. seems to me you are built to dead with those long arms. what stance do you use? great numbers! squat is amazing. we got get your dead to at least 600lbs ASAP!

hauss man is offline Member
    why you training raw now?

raw is for the birds

ps. good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust View Post
    i am shocked with your build your dead hasnt gone up. seems to me you are built to dead with those long arms. what stance do you use? great numbers! squat is amazing. we got get your dead to at least 600lbs ASAP!
    Yes I agree Doc, I attempted 600 at my last equiped meet in Feb ot this yr and got it to knee height.Buty did pull 550 pretty strong.
    I use a conv stance due to the strain that sumo pulls put on my injured leg. I will say this,when I did train sumo my conv came up. About 50 lbs or so.SO I may start Training my sumo again.

Also like to add , that I have been perfoming Pulls with 50lb chains for the past couple mnths and have seen an improvement. The bands work goo but I like the chains better for the Dls , I feel they wont take you out of your form.

Quote Originally Posted by hauss man View Post
    why you training raw now?

raw is for the birds

ps. good job!

LOL , i hear ya Well the APA has just added a raw division to there Federation and I wanted to test my strength at it. I still train equiped .

Heres my equiped bench work from last night,

May 13 Bench Main
    Raw 135x2x20,225x10,275x8,315x5,365x3
    Shirted (custom katana)
    3brd 405x1
    2brd 495x1
    Touched 545x1
    2brd 495x3
    T-bar 5x10-3
    Shrugs/Rear flys 3x20/20
    Rope bis/tris 3x20/20

545 came up strong and controled, Honestly I had another 15-20lbs,but this wasnt a max day.I just wanted to get into this shirt for the 1st time and i must say im PLEASED !

I strongly suggest to those considering a 2 ply Katana to get the arms grid stitched and the chest plate UNstitched. The combination of the extra support in the sleeves transfers alot of the weight to the chest plate and since it isnt grid stitched You have alot more of a POP .

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    That sucks about the leg injury. Makes the numbers even more impressive though.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillett View Post
    LOL , i hear ya Well the APA has just added a raw division to there Federation and I wanted to test my strength at it. I still train equiped .

Heres my equiped bench work from last night,

May 13 Bench Main
    Raw 135x2x20,225x10,275x8,315x5,365x3
    Shirted (custom katana)
    3brd 405x1
    2brd 495x1
    Touched 545x1
    2brd 495x3
    T-bar 5x10-3
    Shrugs/Rear flys 3x20/20
    Rope bis/tris 3x20/20

545 came up strong and controled, Honestly I had another 15-20lbs,but this wasnt a max day.I just wanted to get into this shirt for the 1st time and i must say im PLEASED !

I strongly suggest to those considering a 2 ply Katana to get the arms grid stitched and the chest plate UNstitched. The combination of the extra support in the sleeves transfers alot of the weight to the chest plate and since it isnt grid stitched You have alot more of a POP .

raw12 is offline Associate Member
    nice numbers

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    great work man!

Thread Information