2475 is offline Junior Member

Everyone What do you think Powerlifting at its best

Records are Broken all the time But this is major point to ponder I am going to use the SHW Class for my example With the Squat Record 1250lbs Vlad Alhazov Bench 1050 Kennelly 1003 Deadlift Bolton Totaling 3303lbs the Current Overall Total is 2850 By Thompson What in everyones opinion would it take for one in any weight class to amass a total so great it would include each world record in there total all set on the same day not 2 of the 3 all three? What do you think because with doping of all kind and knowledge it has still has not been done? And If you thing it will be done which will be the first weight class to do so?

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2475 View Post
    Records are Broken all the time But this is major point to ponder I am going to use the SHW Class for my example With the Squat Record 1250lbs Vlad Alhazov Bench 1050 Kennelly 1003 Deadlift Bolton Totaling 3303lbs the Current Overall Total is 2850 By Thompson What in everyones opinion would it take for one in any weight class to amass a total so great it would include each world record in there total all set on the same day not 2 of the 3 all three? What do you think because with doping of all kind and knowledge it has still has not been done? And If you thing it will be done which will be the first weight class to do so?
    Totally impossible to break all three records in one meet. The best benchers in the world are bench only guys for a reason... Squatting heavy kills your bench. Most times the bio-mechanics for great pulling puts you at a disadvantage on the bench press. Also with the gear that guys wear the records keep climbing in the squat and bench but the not so much in the deadlift... deadlift suits just don't have the same carry over. Although I would love to see it happen I just don't believe it's anywhere close to being possible.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Yeah it would be pretty hard to be able to recovered enough physically and mentally to be able to perform at 100% for all three lifts.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Maybe this guy….
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ironman1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	92016

Thread Information