Manorexic is offline Associate Member

Question about shirts

What is the purpose of a shirt?... Is it just to help you lift more...?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Manorexic View Post
    What is the purpose of a shirt?... Is it just to help you lift more...?
    it was invented to prevent injury. it evolved now into helping you lift more weight. for a long time, if you competed and you didnt use a shirt or a squat suit, you would have to compete against people that did where the equipment, which would put that lifter at a huge disadvantage. because of this, everybody who competed had to wear the equipment or get blown away by the competition.

in the past few years, just about every powerlifting federation has created a raw division, so if you choose to not use the equipment, you will only compete against other lifter who arent using the equipment and not against equiped lifters.

i started as a raw lifter.when i reached the point where i achieved all my goals and knew i hit my best numbers my body could achieve, i switched to equiped, which is an entirely different ball game and honestly is alot harder and more of a pain in the ass than raw. equiped lifting takes alot more dedication and sacrifice than raw liftng IMO.

2475 is offline Junior Member
    Until you Can Bench big Raw Dont touch it Yes it will help you bench more but it is made to aid your bench not make your bench it is so much to learn with gear and if your not ready 400 is alot to take in the face

Thread Information