bhamstaff is offline Associate Member

increasing deadlift

my routine for deads has always been basic and always the same. i do 1x10 warm up, then 5x5 each plate i add. untill i get to 6plates aside where i only manage 2 reps, then i go up in half plates(10kg) for single rep maxs upto 290kg.

then i follow this with 5 reps x 3 sets on sldl

followed by GMs 5 reps x 3 sets.

what basic routine could i follow for say 6 weeks for variation and improve my deadlift? dont really want to follow a percentage routine if possible as it seems complicated

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    check out the Gillingham's routine over at jackals gym, at www.jackalsgym.com. The Gillingham brothers are well known in both powerlifting and strongman. I've used their deadlift program and went from a 720lb dead to 840lbs.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    check out the Gillingham's routine over at jackals gym, at www.jackalsgym.com. The Gillingham brothers are well known in both powerlifting and strongman. I've used their deadlift program and went from a 720lb dead to 840lbs. They do use percentages but nothing a $2 calculator can't solve.

bhamstaff is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    check out the Gillingham's routine over at jackals gym, at www.jackalsgym.com. The Gillingham brothers are well known in both powerlifting and strongman. I've used their deadlift program and went from a 720lb dead to 840lbs. They do use percentages but nothing a $2 calculator can't solve.
    ok thx, ill check it out. i suppose it would be simple just using a calcualetor quick to work out a percentage. some of these powerlifting routines are complicated and i like things simple in the gym so i can crack on and get the job done

Thread Information