Thread: Doc.sust

bigpappa160 is offline New Member

Doc.sust

Good Morning Doc, I have a question on the IPF 3 LIFT TRAINING PROGRAM. On weds after benching it has Board presses. How many boards do you use when doing the board press? Would I start with boards that equal to where my sticking point is? I have up to 5 boards I can use. Merry Christmas!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpappa160 View Post
    Good Morning Doc, I have a question on the IPF 3 LIFT TRAINING PROGRAM. On weds after benching it has Board presses. How many boards do you use when doing the board press? Would I start with boards that equal to where my sticking point is? I have up to 5 boards I can use. Merry Christmas!
    merry x mas to you too buddy!, yes pick the board height that is where your weak point is, change to a different board when you fix the weakness. than you will have a new wk point. i myself go back and forth btwn the 3 and 4 board, that is where i am wk, my friend has trouble with his tri's and lockouts, he uses the 5 board. if you are doing this program for raw lifting, and you dont use a bench shirt i would work with the 2 and the 3 board if your lockouts and tri strength are solid

bigpappa160 is offline New Member

doc.sust

I'm doing the IPF 3 Lift Training Program that you posted on the website. Today I used 3 boards, that is where my son says I hit the wall at, LOL. I'm going to do raw lifts through the 6th week and start doing gear lift on the 7th week. I Haven't been in gear since last April. Had to take care of some health issues. But I'm healthy and my next meet will be in March 09. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Is there a section on the website that someone can post their training log? Have a good week!!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpappa160 View Post
    I'm doing the IPF 3 Lift Training Program that you posted on the website. Today I used 3 boards, that is where my son says I hit the wall at, LOL. I'm going to do raw lifts through the 6th week and start doing gear lift on the 7th week. I Haven't been in gear since last April. Had to take care of some health issues. But I'm healthy and my next meet will be in March 09. I'll keep you posted on the progress. Is there a section on the website that someone can post their training log? Have a good week!!
    cool best of luck. use the 2 and 3 boards with the raw part and use the 3and 4 when equiped

Thread Information