The Locomotive is offline New Member

How much cardio to do?

Hi guys!
    I'm quite sick and tired of knee wraps and lifting suits, so I've decided to do become a strongman, at least for a while.
    For this I need more endurance, and like most PLers cardio was not something I did a lot of

My question is: how much cardio can I do before it affects my health, and what general guidelines and tips would you give me as to how much cardio to do, and what type of cardio to do. I want to loose some bodyfat, and of course get a better oxygene uptake.

Previous attempts of losing body fat has resulted in quick loss of BW and fat, but at the expense of strength. In order to get my strength back, I have had to eat my way back to the EXACT same weight (and BF %) as before, so that has been discouraging, to say the least

Some info:

Height: 187 cm (about 6"1)
    Weight: 125-130kgs (275-290 lbs)
    Bf: Don't know. No big belly, but a hint of love handles, you do the math
    Bench press: 410 lbs raw
    Deadlift: 630 lbs with 5 year old, loose suit
    Squat: 661 (300kgs) with same deadlift suit as above

I only do about 500 mg of test, 2-3 months on and at least the same amount of time off, so I'm not a big user of roids. I'm sceptical when it comes to clen and other fat burners as the health issues seem to outweigh the benefits.

Should I do more/less cardio when on roids?

(I'm not from an English speaking country, so please don't bash my grammar or spelling ).

do kettelbells and sprints thata all u need and if ur doing strongman train in the events like farmers walk and the stones etc

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    you can run and do tons of cardio, you just have to make sure you are getting enough to eat, and lean foods..

i switch my cardio up, some times i do five days a week riding a bike 8-10 miles (real bike not gym bike) i do that on an empty stomach once i wake up.... other training splits i do pwo cardio, i run one mile after my workout, i do drink a protien shake before i do it though...

as for Clen , i have done it once, mixed with T-3 and had amazing results with no muscle or strength lose..

Thread Information