abbcccxyyzzz is offline New Member

Powerlifting suit questions

I have a few questions. Overall what are some recommendations for deadlift suits? I am a recent convert to sumo pulling and wish to get a suit. Do it really matter if I were to pull in a deadlift suit made for a regular stance? Likewise, does it matter if I were to pull in a squat suit (regular, or wide stance)? Input would be greatly appreciated!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i pull in a metal ace squat suit. works best for sumo imo. tried to pull in a titan boss, ihad no luck but i have a friend who pulls sumo who loves it. depends on the individual. i would use a wide stance suit for sumo if i was buying one new, but plenty of people pull in suits not made for their stance or for the deadlift. the only way to know what works for you is to try it. otherwise you will never know, differs for every person.

abbcccxyyzzz is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust View Post
    i pull in a metal ace squat suit. works best for sumo imo. tried to pull in a titan boss, ihad no luck but i have a friend who pulls sumo who loves it. depends on the individual. i would use a wide stance suit for sumo if i was buying one new, but plenty of people pull in suits not made for their stance or for the deadlift. the only way to know what works for you is to try it. otherwise you will never know, differs for every person.
    oh okay; I was having a hard time finding a suit... I am a size 36 inzer, 46 titan, and 48 in metal @ 240-250 lbs and those sizes go fast! haha

What would be a good starter suit with good carry over but also economically priced? Or is a suit really just a suit? Do all suits have the same life-time, or do some stretch and are useless after a cycle (few months?)

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    hard to say, each suit is so different, the ace i have been using a long time and still works great, i use an old marathon squat suit under the ace for briefs when i pull and i have had that suit since the lat nineties. no joke. m a suit is really a suit. the only suit that stretches badly are the inzer dead duits. the titan and the ace can take a beating and keep working. main reason, you can tighten the straps even after the suit stretches since they are velcro. also look up your sizes, not sure how you would fit in those suits at 250, my day to day weight is about 210 and i use a 46 titan boss and 50 metal ace.

Thread Information