Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member

Powerlifterjay..........

How about some feedback on your prep for your boobybuild.........I mean bodybuilding contest . I remember you saying that you felt that a good diet could benefit powerlifters also.....are you still going along with that? And how is the injury? Did you find out what the problem is?

Sorry if I missed something but I dont spend that much time on boards now...........

Later,

IND.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    LOL ya i deserve that!

Yes powerlifters can benefit from a good diet. IN fact the other night i mentioned to some one how i feel like maybe i have short chnaged my lifting in the past with bad eating. Now pre contest diet isnt ideal. Its not bad actually, but added carbs would be better at this point. Protein helps build and repair muscle. Period. Your recuperation time is better , and it recups injury as well (muscle injury). Bigger , stronger muscles means moving more weight.

My diet as of right this moment is 350p, 100-125c, 50f. I am taking in with the fat around 2000 cal. I carb up once every seven days. Some days i dont go over 100g carbs. I say 100 -125 cause its hard to hit the same number everyday. I end up usually around 110 or so. I am 14 weeks out and am 220lb @11%bf. My goal is 195 or so sick ass shredded!! I want to be th ebiggest light heavy there.

Traininig is good , different but good. I cannot flat bench heavy so i stay away. I usually do inclines mainly with dumbells. I have startd to rep the hell out of flat dumbells presses at the end. Reps are 6 to 12.
    But i have been close gripping. It doesnt hurt to bad. I have to go close for me. That is index on smooth. I am close gripping 315x15 365x7 405x5 and thats about one or so away from failure. So tris are still good at 220lbs.

Squats are fine i did 600x4 raw the other week and since then i have been using smith machine to failure. Leg presses. Most sets are done with a little closer , alot closer stance then my powerlifitng and reps are 10 and up usually. Also done to failure.

Mon: Cardio 5am calves Chest , shouldrs, 2sets bi's, tri;s 4pm
    45min
    Tues cardio 5am abs back 4 pm
    45min
    Wed cardio off off
    45min
    Thurs cardio 5am abs arms, light shoulders with cables 4pm
    45min
    Fri cardio 5am calves Legs, traps 4pm
    45min
    Sat Cardio and Abs
    Thats it in a nutshell!! Started some posing this week. I will get some pics up soon. Meant to take some this week but may start at 12 weeks out then go every week till show. Thanks for asking. Good to hear from you too. Hows yoru training going?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Soooooo, will pics be forthcoming??

king kong is offline New Member
    GREAT JOB BRO!

Ya there will be pics. I am gonna probably put them up 12 weeks out from then on. We will be posing regularly and will be in a good place to get decent pics. So yes they are coming!!

Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info........I reckon I'd be about 100lb if I only ate 2000 calories a day I have a crazy fast metabolism......I'm hoping old age will help (almost 30 now). I think I'm going to have to nail my diet down and see what it does for me.

As far as training goes; I hit 400 raw for the first time just before Xmas (you do that for multiple reps close grip lol!!). Anyway it felt good.....suprised me how easy it was. I've been clean since and have dropped a few pounds (now at around 210lb) but kept most of the strength. I am hoping to hit 440lb (200kg) by the time I hit 30 in May. After that I plan on hitting a couple of raw contests and working with a shirt. I seem to be able to complete any lift if I can get the first 2 inches so I hope the shirt'll work.

My squats are poor as usual but my dead is ok (550 raw and clean).

Incidentally, I was interested to see what you said about speed days on the militia/westside thread. I felt far more solid and in control when I had gone without speed days for a while. Now I'm planning on cycling speed in and out of my training.....out when I am aiming for the 'big' lifts.

Anyway, thats about it. Like I said.....thanks for the info. Interesting to hear from a real powerlifter on the benefits of bodybuilding related training.......gotta listen to that.

IrishPower is offline Junior Member
    great job pljay.

i think everyone can use a big change in pace for awhile.

after the canadian meet in march, i have a long due strength vacation coming.

take care.
    tommy

Hey Irish hows it going? I seen on other forum you are hitting some pretty big numbers in prep for your meet. I hope you kick Grattons ass! Seen your pics on your site from the Militia weekend, your getting thick too. Keep it up.

Yes the change of pace is nice. I will be back into powerlifting this fall. Well summer i will train for it. My shoulder is getting slightly better. I think by then i will be pretty good. But i wont go over 12%bf. I think i will do the 220's for a bit. I wanna do the APF Nationals then go get paid in the Bench bash this year. Thats the plan. Then Maybe a full power in Dec. So 2003 is 2 bodybuilding shows and 3 powerlifting. Busy year ahead.

Thread Information