BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

Finally getting my strength back after 4 yrs...video

My last strongman comp was in 07. Since then I've had an elbow surgery, 2 rotator cuff surgeries, and 4 knee surgeries. Plus my wife forced me to move my gym from my guest house to my garage, because I'm nice enough to allow her mother to move in with us and I don't want her living in the main house. Anyway, here's a video of me pressing an axel. Plus people have been asking me to post some vids of my lifts. I'll post some squat, deads, and benching vids in the coming weeks as well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COdOeP-6qRQ

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good lift!

Mother-in-law moving in....not so good.

Edit...just saw your kid lifting, sweet form man!!
    Last edited by terraj; 02-25-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Growing up in football i know all about the knee and rotator cuff injuries. Strong press man. Keep at it

Thinks fellas. The most I ever put up overhead is 360. I gotta get over 400lbs to compete with some of these guys nowadays. 310 aint shit. But it's a start. Thanks for the love fellas.

Terraj, did you see, the vids of both my boys? I'm pretty proud of what they do. The oldest boy is the Linebacker/Safety prospect. We'll see where he ends up, he's just a junior this year. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Thinks fellas. The most I ever put up overhead is 360. I gotta get over 400lbs to compete with some of these guys nowadays. 310 aint shit. But it's a start. Thanks for the love fellas.

Terraj, did you see, the vids of both my boys? I'm pretty proud of what they do. The oldest boy is the Linebacker/Safety prospect. We'll see where he ends up, he's just a junior this year. Thanks again.
    I happened to watch the other videos on your boys and they both show great potential. They are extremely strong. I wish someone would have pushed me harder to workout at that age. It would have gotten me so much farther in football

I was versed in powerlifting early in life. Not the olympics lifts. I think if someone would have taught me the oly lifts, I would have been a better player. Not that I wasn't good and didn't go far, but the oly lifts translate a lot better to football than the powerlifts. I got them both started fairly early. Both have been dunking a basktball since the 8th grade because they learned the oly lifts before the powerlifts. My youngest was dunking at 5'5". Nothing like having explosive athletes. The weight will come with age, but the explosion is absolutely essential in all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I was versed in powerlifting early in life. Not the olympics lifts. I think if someone would have taught me the oly lifts, I would have been a better player. Not that I wasn't good and didn't go far, but the oly lifts translate a lot better to football than the powerlifts. I got them both started fairly early. Both have been dunking a basktball since the 8th grade because they learned the oly lifts before the powerlifts. My youngest was dunking at 5'5". Nothing like having explosive athletes. The weight will come with age, but the explosion is absolutely essential in all sports.
    I agree completely and to tell you the truth it wasnt until college that i actually focused on olympic lifts through our training program. It took my level of play to a completely new level

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    Nice job, man that's a lot of injuries. It sounds like your coming back strong, keep it up. Your kids have some great form and are very explosive. Isn't it gratifying to work with your kids, I have a couple of my own... nothing better than seeing them progress. As far as your mother in law.... I'm sorry

bobbyferrari is offline New Member
    good lift dude

DFRELAT is offline Associate Member
    I wish you good luck on getting that 400lbs axel, not many men on this planet can lift that!

Thread Information