Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

been a long time...

hello all. been gone so long , not sure who is still around here. BgMc31, been doing a great job keeping the forum current. very glad to see this.

last time i checked in was october. my world went upside down. my family and i took a big blow and i lost my dad suddenly. it was a great shock and i had to put everything on hold including lifting. first time ever since i was 21 (currently in my mid thirties) dealing with my offices, with my mom and sister, with my wife, with my mental state of mind and having to help take over my dad's business in the middle of what would be his busy season of the year, i had no time. i was working 7 days a wk and traveling btwn where i live and where my dad's company is and living out of a suitcase.

at first training wasnt an option. not at all. i started to use bands ato do tabata exercises, push up and sprints. didnt do much of anything but it was better than nothing. from november until mid december. this is what i did.

i started to hit weights again and it was a pretty bad, i was weaker than when i was 18. my numbers droped to all time lows.ball park, under 400 squat, 300 press, under 500 deadlift. i slowly started to work and started to do something different to come back, doing the powerlifts was depressing, to see where i was in the present compared to where i was in the past was a total mind fcuk. so i trained strongman training, which i never did before, it was different, and different was what i needed.

i slowly started to do the powerlifts again, and i decided the only way to do this was train raw with just a belt. time went on and i got a little more every wk.

i recently decided to enter a deadlift meet. i pulled 640, took two shots at 710 and no dice. still not where i was, but this was still a start and at least in the ball park of where i was. i am actually happy to be starting to get there.

not sure if or when i will compete again. maybe only deadlift only, maybe all raw.not sure. who knows if i ever do a three lift in gear again. all i know is i am still not ready to quit yet and will figure out what i will do as i go, i am going to try to start my log again as soon as i figure out what i want to do.

glad to be some what back.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I appreciate the love Doc! You have some big shoes to fill so I'm glad you back. I understand what you are going through and went through. I know its hard to almost start from what feels like the beginning. But muscle memory is a mu****a, you'll be back in no time!!! Sorry to hear about your Dad.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great knowledge comes from Doc Sust.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    What am I, Terraj...chopped liver? LOL!!!

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You have your place man....fighting the conspiracy theories and what even else you do around here

But yes.....it is good to see 2 top level athletes on here.
    Last edited by terraj; 04-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.

DFRELAT is offline Associate Member
    Hang in there! I know how hard it is coming back and starting all over from scratch, having done it myself quite a few times. You'll get back to where you were before, keep at it hard and it'll be just a matter of time.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    it'll all come back faster than you think, ive dropped down and came back afew times now

Blog Entries
    welcome back, nice to see you again...

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    hey i'm glad you are doing ok, i was worried that you had left us for good..

sorry to hear about your family, I hope all is doing better.

Thread Information