Braveone is offline Junior Member

First sanctioned meet

Went down to Philadelphia for the Bristol Big Bench tournament in March. This was my ninth meet. But my first sanctioned meet. It was Gene Rychlaks RPS federation. I'm 55 yrs old and bench raw in the 181lb masters class. I put up a 355 at 177 bw. A new world record in that federation. That lift got me ranked number 12 in the country on powerlifting watch.Com in the masters division and number 52 in the open division. Not too shabby for an old guy lol. Great meet, fair judges and super atmosphere. Meeting Gene was worth the 8 hour drive by itself!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Congrats bro! Anyone that can honestly raw bench more than 300 lbs is nice to see. I remember years ago the first time I pressed 3 wheels on a side was great feeling! lol. At least it is respectable, as opposed to some shirted lift were you dont really know what the **** is going on haha

Braveone is offline Junior Member
    Thanks brother. I bench raw because no one in my area uses a shirt. But 2/3rds of the guys I compete with use them. I just put up 400lbs last week using a slingshot. I'm researching a shirt now(leaning towards a. Titan fury) I think I could get in the 500 club eventually with one. But you're right, once the shirt comes off that lift is no longer yours. But no one can take my double bw bench from me but me!

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    That's awesome man! You bench more than me, im almost 30yrs younger and 30+ lbs heavier!

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good job bro!

Thread Information