Cubanito17 is offline Member

Injured, I think

Hey guys about 3 weeks ago i was doing pin pulls I was on the 4th pin i believe well either way i moved up to 535 with straps KNOWING I SHOULDN'T HAVE b/c 515 went up TOOO SLOW but hey i got bigheaded b/c of the new linkin park song that was on I figured I'd give it hell. Well it gave me hell although i got the lift my right knee was killin me. I figured i'd take glucosamine chondroitin with my post workout shake and i'd be fine the next day, I WASN'T.

I havn't gone to the doc or anything b/c i try to avoid going DON'T LIKE THEM they always tell me the same thing "lift lighter weight".

On leg days i've been able to squat just not anything that involves my right leg going back with weight.

I.E. I can't do leg curls with more than 10lbs when normally I use 110lbs. I can't do close stance leg presses over 500lbs b/c it hurts too much.

I have limited equipment to those wondering.

PULLTHROUGHS HURT LIKE A BITCH.

Any advice on what I should do. I iced it today and i'll be taking legs off fri but anyone ever heard of something like this it's behind my right knee. I'm not sure if it's my hamms it feels to low to be my hamms.

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    where does it hurt the most front, back, inside, outside?
    Last edited by k1401; 05-15-2003 at 08:57 AM.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    IMO you should get it checked out, and treated.

your doc may tell you to lift lighter (or even take a break), and you should until it's healed...you don't want to add fuel to the fire(ie make it worse)...after that go nuts.

take care of your knees, you're still young...nothing like walking with a cane when you're 30!

k it hurts in the front when i'm just sittin down but when i try to squat or do a leg curl it KILLS ME IN THE BACK.

halifax (if that's ur ride tight car bro) I know I prob should go to the doc but even when i'm fine all he tells me is lift lighter. There's only one sports med doc close to where I live and last time i went to him b/c of my lower back injury all he wanted to do was inject cortizone in my lower back and i told him to fuck off. he was a BB and didn't see the point of powerlifting. the chiro in my town when i went to him for my shoulder told me i would never lift heavy again b/c of my car accident and hell i'm stil in the game. so i'm thinking i'm just gonna try on my own and figure out some recovery work for my knee.

thanks for the replies

have any of you ever had this prob before and done like band work or something for your knee to heal up?

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    well, i'm not a powerlifter, but here's my opinion:

1st-regardless of your medical professional's diagnosis/treatment/prognosis of previous injuries, seeing as this is a new injury, and not a recurring problem, you should have it checked out. you don't know what it is/could be, or it's severity.

2nd-I sustained injuries from a car accident and a snowboarding accident before, and sought treatment. unfortunately my physio was a moron, so i worked on my injuries solo. it worked out well, but i fully understood the nature my injury (after a long univ education and specific research).

at this point you know nothing about your injury, other than it hurts like a bitch...get it diagnosed first. then u can evaluate the doc's/therapist's recommendations, and make some decisions. come post a new msg here too with some details.

it appears as tho you are under 19yr old (from ur profile)...you're taking serious physical health risks having blind faith in an injury like that just "working itself out" remember, even pro bb's or powerlifters have to take time off for injuries!

good luck

thanks halifax ye i'm 18 but i've had 2 serious injuries already and I havn't recovered accordin to the doc's i've recovered accordin to BOB youngs, david tate, and westside crew. My bro's on the boards have helped with recovery and people who've had the experience have told me what to do. it's only reasonable that someone whose had an injury like this to tell me what they did if they're fine.

HONESTLY I think the doc's suck they don't tell you anything you need to know they just know how to sign a lil paper that means "get meds" and that's it HELL for the I'll just take Ibuprofin(sp??) and work with my injury.

I might just have this one doc at the gym check it out he's cool and lifts all the time in there. Just gotta find him.

k1401 is offline Junior Member
    I've had many knee problems, could fill the board with them.
    I'm not a Dr and don't pretend to be one (well maybe once )
    but sounds like it's the bending of your knee joint that is really causing the pain. 1st guess is torn cartilage. Not sure though you'll probably want to get it checked out, and unless things have changed nothing short of an X-Ray will tell.
    Let me know bro.

On a side note, you can come back from it, I was told over 20 years ago I wouldn't be walking today, and I do!

K thanks bro I'm starting to think your right. But the LAST thing i want is surgery. I'm gonna try and do some rehab with bands and take some time off from legs. if by any chance i Don't get better then i'll go to the stupid fucks that call themselves doc's.

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    you better not be injured

RCK I wish I could say that dude but it's called a "pulled hammie" I'm fucked.

Today was my first day of rehab. I did 3 sets of 20 of seated leg curls with 10lbs. I'm starting light. Wed I'll do 4 sets and fri 5 sets. and then next week prob throw in leg ext for a couple sets and see what happens. I'm icing it as we speak. Took ibuprofin 400mg. So i'm hoping to get better and do a meet by the end of this year. Maybe we'll hit one up bro.

RCK
    RCK is offline Junior Member
    hell yea.lets do that,.........just heal that hammie and we'll take care of bussiness..........

aigh bet bro. just let me know which one you plan on doing and we'll go in and tear shit up.

I'm hoping I can get my brother to compete with me. His stats: 16 years old 221lbs 5 11 (more of a BB) arms 18.5inches, chest 46, shoulder width 55, squats 315X5(no suit or belt RAW), benches 305 pause i'm saying 285(no shirt), deadlift 455(no suit or belt RAW)

And his b-day is in FEB so he's gotta while to compete in 220's although he keeps gaining weight, eats like a horse so he'll prob go 242 doesn't like losing weight.

then we'll walk in there VBC=Vulpetti Barbell Club and tear shit up.

our motto. "the weight is my whore... so i'ma stroke it like a muthafucka"

Thread Information