• 3 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By OdinsOtherSon
  • 3 Post By Cylon357

Thread: What's the world coming to?

XnavyHMCS is online now Senior Member

What's the world coming to?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/canad...trans-athletes

How can this even be an issue? Why have they even debated this topic? WTF...

Doesn't a (and I will breach my personal protocols here) "born biological male" (ugh... for me personally; there is no other) inherently have certain advantages, biologically endowed with them? I have always heard that a male has a larger heart, which can pump more blood, therefore oxygenate muscle tissues at a greater rate, than a female. Also, a man's attachment points, where the tendons connect to bone tissue; I have always heard (and read) that, here again, a man has a substantial advantage, resulting in greater strength...

I powerlifted as a teenager, in the Midwest (the Mecca of powerlifting), in the early 80's, and have since left the sport, so I must admit to being a bit out of touch here. Yet, I don't, for the life of me, understand what is going on here....

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Upside down world is all I can say.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Its just a small minority trying to run the majority. Just gotta stand our ground

XnavyHMCS is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Its just a small minority trying to run the majority. Just gotta stand our ground
    I agree with you 100% here, brother. Isn't this the cornerstone concept on which a system of democratic rule is constructed... I always thought that in a democracy, the majority rules.

We (NOT us guys on the forum, but the American people.) have let the pendulum swing so far in the opposite direction; its shocking. I believe that this is just big government employing their policy of distracting the masses with the bullshit, which their media cohorts are feeding us, while they are doing their own deeds behind the smokescreen...

Personally, if I had a daughter, and she was beaten in a competition by a trans male; I would be "raising cane; and I don't mean sugar".
    Too-$mall likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Purely on a practical basis the advantage for the biological male would depend on when they transitioned. If it was before puberty it’s virtually none but after that is starts getting more gray zone.
    Too-$mall and Test Monsterone like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you guys watch that video? The "chick" talking looks like she ran a few cycles in her life. In powerlifting, all those girls use steroids . The distinction between male and female is blurred even with real biologically female athletes. Even so, I agree that there are still advantages to being a male over female.

But what I don't understand is why are we even talking about such an extreme minority of people? First off, I have never known any trans person personally. I have seen weirdos with nail polish and makeup here and there, very infrequently. Now how many of those trans people engage in competitive sports? Maybe 1% of them?

I'm not sure how many trans people exist, but let's say it's 1% of the population. Why are we changing laws for 1% of 1% of the population? I would understand if it was a quality of life issue, but not sports. Sports are a leisure activity, not a necessity. If you are man operating under a female operating system, too bad... find something else to do, or do it for fun.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    How about trans men compete against trans men and same for trans women….a different Division!!

Imagine the sacrifices of practicing for years for a transitioned female born with male genitalia/pheromones walking on stage to steal my prize. Disheartening at least.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    How about trans men compete against trans men and same for trans women….a different Division!!

Imagine the sacrifices of practicing for years for a transitioned female born with male genitalia/pheromones walking on stage to steal my prize. Disheartening at least.
    That is the way to do it. Include men who identify as women and vice versa, and you have it covered.
    almostgone and XnavyHMCS like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well it's like this most of us believe in God at least the majorty due.Then there is the ones who don't.Well the ones who don't made the most noise so now we don't have prayer in our schools.Do you see where I am going with this?By not letting your voice be heard they will walk all over you again.

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

that's what needs to be done, but there are so few of them

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Well it's like this most of us believe in God at least the majorty due.Then there is the ones who don't.Well the ones who don't made the most noise so now we don't have prayer in our schools.Do you see where I am going with this?By not letting your voice be heard they will walk all over you again.
    I think we're beyond needing to just make noise. I'm pretty black-pilled over how everything has become. "Voting harder" doesn't work.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    To me this seems ridicolous aswell. I know we have to respect theyr rights and treat them as women but scientifically speaking, it is impossible to change you gender. They are castrated men wearing pantyhose and makeup, eating some hormone pills perhaps. But they still have male skeleton,dna, muscles and half theyr life they benefitted from high testosterone , etc

I think its ridicolous to take banning trans women competing against biological women as discrimination. Its common sense

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	356022957_639989474833437_6413268518591528728_n.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	182565
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronhop View Post
    Another essential reason to change to solar power may be the financial savings it gives. Solar energy panels are designed for generating electricity for businesses, reducing or eliminating the necessity for traditional types of energy. This might bring about significant savings on energy bills, particularly in areas with a high energy costs. Furthermore, there are many government incentives and tax credits offered to companies that adopt solar technology, which makes it a lot more cost-effective and affordable.

The technology behind solar power is not at all hard, yet highly effective. Solar energy panels are made of photovoltaic (PV) cells, which convert sunlight into electricity. This electricity are able to be stored in batteries or fed straight into the electrical grid, with respect to the specific system design. To be able to maximize the advantages of solar power, you will need to design a custom system this is certainly tailored to your particular energy needs and requirements. This can make certain you have just the right components set up, like the appropriate quantity of solar energy panels and also the right form of batteries, to increase your time efficiency and value savings.

Matt D'Agati reviews regarding sense solar products.
    This post belongs in the lounge forum…

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ic-discussion/
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    This post belongs in the lounge forum…

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ic-discussion/
    Yeah no kidding. I dont think AI bots can distinguish which sub forum to post in lol
    OdinsOtherSon and Cylon357 like this.

Kinda suspected that was the issue. Thanks Cuz!
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Kinda suspected that was the issue. Thanks Cuz!
    I dont even know what the next 10 years holds as far as AI. I dont think people realize how serious of a problem this is getting.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I dont even know what the next 10 years holds as far as AI. I dont think people realize how serious of a problem this is getting.
    Totally agree. At work they're already having meetings trying to make people feel at ease about AI...talking it up and everything. I just want to make it to retirement and retreat to the house.

Hell, some people are already so lazy they barely will go to work on a good day. They don't need something making their decisions for them.

I'm concerned that AI is one of those things that once it's introduced on a large scale, acceptance will grow exponentially.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-17-2023 at 11:21 AM.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I’ve never used it, so I can’t comment honestly on it; however, I will say that all indicators tend to persuade me to steer clear of AI. Lol. I wholeheartedly agree with AG, just let me retire and unplug from all this mess to the greatest extent I can.
    almostgone and Cuz like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    More this than every body realizes, but not the concerns sci-fi would have us think.

I've worked in software development for over 30 years. Over that time, I've seen things come and go. One thing that disturbs the hell out of me is the lack of skill and critical thinking that is starting to get ridiculous. People can't solve basic problems, yet are jumping right in to big issues, because their bosses are dumber than a box of rocks themselves.

I see dumb, rookie level mistakes coming out of so called senior developers. And the rookies just keep getting dumber.

That nutshell explanation has led me to the belief that we don't really have to worry about AI suddenly becoming self aware and making the conscious decision to wipe out all of humanity.

The bigger threat is that we put some unqualified dumbass in the position of creating the software that makes critical decisions. Said dumbass will screw something up, as an example, and instead of adding .5g sugar to our pop tarts, the machine adds 5g. Or instead of attacking all the things that look like enemies, it attacks all the things that DON'T look like enemies.

Man, I could go on and on, but the nutshell is: we are kids playing with matches because we like the way they smell, but don't yet really understand fire.
    almostgone, OdinsOtherSon and Cuz like this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    When I'm rich I'm gonna buy a small island in the middle of a lake (we have islands in lakes over here), and it's gonna be an electricity-free island. I'll have kerosene lamps mounted on the walls in the house.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I see dumb, rookie level mistakes coming out of so called senior developers. And the rookies just keep getting dumber.
    In my job I mostly program microcontrollers, but I also write desktop PC programs to interact with the microcontrollers over a COM port.

Now and again I go with my company to career fairs at high schools, where a colleague and I will sit at a stand and chat with parents and teenagers. I explain to them that the good thing about computer programming as a career, is that even if you're not very good at it, you can still get a job and have a half-decent career -- but you're also not limited if you turn out to be very very good at it ... you can get a really good job and also be a consultant. It's not like getting into mathematics where you have to be at the top of your game or you're nowhere at all.

I'm writing a desktop PC program at the moment and I had to create a custom widget on the screen, and so I looked for a tutorial, and found this:

I was impressed when the guy starting multiplying matrices and using trigonometry to transform the coordinates on the cartesian plane, he's obviously a decent mathematician. Not many programmers are bright in that way, but a few are.

So I think nowadays, since the advent of languages like Java and Python, people who wouldn't have been smart enough to get into programming, are getting into programming. I don't see this necessarily as a bad thing, so long as the work they're assigned is within their talent level. These past two weeks at work I've been programming an Arduino in C++ to accept a firmware upgrade over an I²C connection . . . I had to do a bit of gymnastics, writing a second program to the end of the Flash, then rebooting to load the other program so that I could overwrite the first, it was tricky and challenging, and on two or three occasions I had to tell my hardware-designer colleague that I might not get this working, and so he was working on a USB multiplexer circuit on the side to do the firmware upgrade over USB. Anyway turns out I got it working, and it was fun messing around with the bootloader at a low level.

I personally have no problem with retards getting into programming so long as the work they're assigned is within their talent level.

Thread Information