Meathead57 is offline New Member

Question what is the normal amount i should be doing

I have been pondering about this question alot what is the right amount a kid who is 15 is 5'7 weighs 135 pounds should be benching, skwating and dead lifting?

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    there is no "right amount" everyone is different. I have a friend who is 19y/o and he benches 80lbs for about 7 reps (yeah that is supposed to say 80lbs) he weighs about 150 - 160. I Know another kid thats about 16 now and he benches 135 as a 1rm. He weighs 130 - 140. Another guy I know benches 135 for 8 and he's 19, he weighs about 175lbs atleast (he always lies about his weight to make himself bigger so I have to visually adjust it). None of them have workout experience really but all are trying to get into it. Take from that what you will, the point... everyone is different.

Meathead57 is offline New Member
    that is very true lol i thought about that after i posted this so if u feel free sum 1 can end this post!!

I guess there would be an avg of what an adult male at so many lbs body weight could bench press but I have no idea what it is, or if anyone ever conducted testing to find out what it is.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    depending on how much of you is fat, your numbers would be good in this range

Bench- body weight or above for a set of 10
    squat- 175 or above for a set of 10
    deadlifting-185 or above for 10

Bench- body weight or above for a set of 10
    squat- 175 or above for a set of 10
    deadlifting-185 or above for 10

I don't think that too many people if any tho with no strength training experience can bench body weight right from the start, I certainly never met anyone who could... actually not too many "normal" people can bench body weight for just one rep let alone ten, so I don't know about that, the deadlift seems about right for someone who weighs 170 or so, the squat is questionable too but probably pretty close.

Thread Information