Ironhound is offline New Member

Question What is the best supportive gear out there?

Has anyone heard anything good about that new Metal gear. I am getting ready to buy my first bench shirt and squat suit. I see quite a few guys wearing Franz squat suits. Are they the best? What's the word from the trenches? Iam fairly new to powerlifting been training for about 6 months. I did however compete in my first competition. I lifted raw, got dead last, but I guess you have to start from somewhere. My best lifts are 470-310-450 at 215lbs raw and natural. Please someone give me their input on which shirt is the best.

slobberknocker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhound
    Has anyone heard anything good about that new Metal gear. I am getting ready to buy my first bench shirt and squat suit. I see quite a few guys wearing Franz squat suits. Are they the best? What's the word from the trenches? Iam fairly new to powerlifting been training for about 6 months. I did however compete in my first competition. I lifted raw, got dead last, but I guess you have to start from somewhere. My best lifts are 470-310-450 at 215lbs raw and natural. Please someone give me their input on which shirt is the best.

What federation do you compete in? They all have different rules about equipment. You have to find out what is allowed and get the best equipment within the rules.

I'm going to compete APF and I got a Karin's double denim shirt, frantz canvas suit and frantz double ply briefs, inzer belt and knee and wrist wraps, and I use chuck taylor's shoes for squatting and pulling.

Ironhound is offline New Member
    Thanks for the reply slobbernocker. I guess I need to do a little research on what equipment is allowed in the federation I will compete in. Basically, I'll compete in whichever is holding a meet close to home. Is that what you do or do you just stick with the APF? I'm going to check into a Karin's shirt. I,m pretty sure I'll go with the Franz squat suit, and my Chuck Taylors are sitting under the Christmas tree. How much help can I expect out of a squat suit and briefs? When I squatted 470 it was more like a BB quad squat. I just watched the Westside videos and started doing box squats and learned how to "sit" into the squat. I expect big numbers in the near future. I love powerlifting!

YOUR BODY WILL REACH ITS PSYCHOLOGICAL LIMIT WAY BEFORE IT REACHES ITS PYSIOLOGICAL LIMIT

Thread Information