Thread: Erector or Suit

MadMike is offline New Member

Erector or Suit

Hey all,
    I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I'm going for a 600lb squat in a few weeks as a fundraiser for Muscular Dystrophy Association. I have patrons sponser me per pound. At this point int he game i would like to know which would benefit me most, a squat suit or an erector shirt. Both of these i am looking at the basic Inzer models. Any advice or input would be appreciated. Thank you.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I would get a properly fitted squat suit - best of luck Bro and welcome to AR - read, learn and enjoy

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    A squat suit would be beneficial.. However.. Make sure that you know someone who can show you how to use it.. Also you want atleast 5 or six good squat workouts in the suit, to give you an idea of how they work..

What is your current Raw squat?

MadMike is offline New Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome,
    Raw squat means.. without aids and at or below parallel? correct?

I did 570 today for the newspaper. I could feel it being deep in the bucket as one might say during the lift. My coach said it was dead on according to the reference marks we have made on the wall, rack, and mirror. We made the marks a few weeks ago where my hips and thighs were 1 inch below parallel. I'm not sure hoe you guys find that measurment out but we used one of those new laser levels/measuring tapes that casts a laser out from the tip. Picked it up at Home Depot for 10 bucks. The lift is 2 weeks away. i've worn an erector shirt twice before. (3-5 months ago) Knowing that it takes a few good, soild workouts to get used to the suit, i'm considering the shirt just for that added support. I've been using the inzer lever belt 13mm thick and the inzer wraps. No complaints at all, i love them. I weigh 212 pounds and i was contacted from the news article written up about me that i have chance to break the AAU record set in 1999 at a squat of 540.
    heres the link in todays paper... http://syracuse.com/news/poststandar...2060226470.xml

thanks again

Pwrlfter is offline Junior Member
    A raw squat is without any aids, and it should be done to at least 2 inches below parallel for a legal squat. A trick you can use is to squat down quickly when you are near the bottom and bounce down below parallel then blast up out of the hole. Also when you wrap your knees and tuck the end under on top of the knee, this helps make it look like you are squatting down low enough.

Thread Information