Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    That's when modern day bbing sucks the bigger, blocky, distended stomach look is now favored over the V taper.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    That's when modern day bbing sucks the bigger, blocky, distended stomach look is now favored over the V taper.
    So true.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I like 1990-1997. I like how those guys looked, loved yates, could do without whats his face though that went head to head with yates in 97

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Flex is arguably the greatest bodybuilder ever. Not to disrespect Yates, Coleman, etc., but IMO Flex had the best complete package (size, conditioning, symmetry, etc.).

After Flex won his pro card and won the '93 Arnold Classic, TIME magazine ran a story about the event along with the pic of Arnold handing the trophy to Flex. Let's keep in mind that TIME is a well-respected news magazine and a rather atypical source to find a bodybuilding article. I think that says something!

Any opinions on which year Flex looked the best? IMO, '93. Why? He had the hair, the smile, the body, and a great posing routine. Not sure why he shaved his head, got tattooed, pierced ears, etc. Perhaps he was angry and frustrated from losing to Yates and Coleman, both of whom he should have beaten. But with that package, who wouldn't be?

Yates and Coleman are great, don't get me wrong, but Flex owned them at one time or another. He knew it, Dorian and Ronnie probably knew it, the judges knew it (but scored otherwise), and the fans definitely knew it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails speaking of Flex Wheeler...-1000136707.jpg   speaking of Flex Wheeler...-1000136688.jpg   speaking of Flex Wheeler...-f_242.jpg   speaking of Flex Wheeler...-wheele20.jpg   speaking of Flex Wheeler...-flex-wheeler.jpg  

rockhardman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    Flex is arguably the greatest bodybuilder ever. Not to disrespect Yates, Coleman, etc., but IMO Flex had the best complete package (size, conditioning, symmetry, etc.).

After Flex won his pro card and won the '93 Arnold Classic, TIME magazine ran a story about the event along with the pic of Arnold handing the trophy to Flex. Let's keep in mind that TIME is a well-respected news magazine and a rather atypical source to find a bodybuilding article. I think that says something!

Any opinions on which year Flex looked the best? IMO, '93. Why? He had the hair, the smile, the body, and a great posing routine. Not sure why he shaved his head, got tattooed, pierced ears, etc. Perhaps he was angry and frustrated from losing to Yates and Coleman, both of whom he should have beaten. But with that package, who wouldn't be?

Yates and Coleman are great, don't get me wrong, but Flex owned them at one time or another. He knew it, Dorian and Ronnie probably knew it, the judges knew it (but scored otherwise), and the fans definitely knew it.

Simple......I dont care what your name is, (except vic richards), you cant stand next to dorian and win

Face it, ronnie was better in 99. no contest. flex's legs looked PUNY compared to ronnie. I fail to see why people thought flex should have won that, ronnie was far and away from flex

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    Simple......I dont care what your name is, (except vic richards), you cant stand next to dorian and win
    I beg to differ. Lee Haney did. There's no denying that Ronnie has tremendous wheels, but Flex had the most complete package IMO and many others as well.

But hey, Dorian in '93 before he tore a few muscles and won his first Mr. O? FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    So you trained with both of them? Wow that's amazing.
    just compare their quads........case closed.

minihulkwestcoast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    just compare their quads........case closed.
    Flex was still small then. It wasn't untill later that he got huge. Huge wheeler vs. huge yates would be a closer call

Quote Originally Posted by minihulkwestcoast
    Flex was still small then. It wasn't untill later that he got huge. Huge wheeler vs. huge yates would be a closer call
    ya, but yates was smaller too back than if it was as early as i thought it was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information