1981 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Flex Wheeler - 1998 Iron Man Pro - DVD PICS!!!

This was Flex Wheeler's fifth Iron Man Pro win. Standing tall at 5'10" and weighing 229 lbs, he came in what some may say the best condition of his life (I still think he was a little more conditioned at the 1993 Arnold Classic due to weighing less at 219 lbs, but he came in fuller at this contest and was at least 10 lbs heavier). Flex is at the top of the line when it comes to presenting a detailed physique (along with Ronnie Coleman). In my opinion this is the second best that Flex has looked with the 1993 Arnold Classic being his all-time best. Flex looked better here than he did at the 1998 Mr. Olympia. Also take a good look at Flex's physique and you would notice that this was probably the only time that he brought a "grainy" physique to the stage. Flex dominated the competition with Darrem Charles coming in second along with Aaron Baker in third.

More Pics -----> Flex Wheeler 1998 Iron Man Pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flex Wheeler - 1998 Iron Man Pro - DVD PICS!!!-vlcsnap-2012-06-23-14h17m49s241.jpg   Flex Wheeler - 1998 Iron Man Pro - DVD PICS!!!-vlcsnap-2012-06-23-14h29m21s253a.jpg   Flex Wheeler - 1998 Iron Man Pro - DVD PICS!!!-vlcsnap-2012-06-23-14h34m03s250.jpg  

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    Dude is jacked

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    Flex had some of the most aesthetic structure of all time.

The thing about bodybuilding that most people don't realize is that often the best bodybuilders have the opposite structure of what would make for a good strongman or powerlifter.

The genetic traits that make for a good bodybuilder I will try to list from most important to least important, flex had almost all of them. Often some go together, such as round muscle and small joints. The smaller bones allow the muscles to bulge off the frame more, giving them a rounder look.

Granted these traits are not absolute, you can be missing some of them and still do well. It is just that the more of them you have often the better you will do.

Anyway:

1. Good ability to gain muscle. This one should be the most obvious and comes first.
    2. Ability to maintain that muscle while dieting down to very low% of bodyfat and to get ultra thin skin.
    3. Smaller joints, smaller pelvis and hips. Smaller bone frame in general to contrast the big muscles.
    4. Under 6ft tall but above 5'6".
    5. Round shaped muscles (trends to goes together with #3)
    6. Naturally wide clavicles, helps with v-taper, but rarely goes with #3.

Flex had 5 of these traits together. I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head who had more of them than him combined. The only thing Flex did not have was naturally wide clavicles, but he built enough deltoid mass to make up for it.

Often you get guys who do great who have just 2 or 3 things on the list. The more someone has together gets very rare.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Flex is imho the best bodybuilder ever to step on the olympia stage.

Thread Information