Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Russ616 is offline Senior Member

Next Mr. Oylmpia ?

Who do you think will be the next Mr. Oylmpia. And Why? ( after Coleman Retires )

Be real, and don't pick your favorite.
    Last edited by Russ616; 11-24-2003 at 10:49 AM.

My answer

Quote Originally Posted by Russ616
    Who do you think will be the next Mr. Oylmpia. And Why?

To answer my own question, I believe Dexter Jackson has what it takes to be the Mr. Olympia. He has great symetry and is completely shredded. I am a huge fan, but it's been over 20 years since a tight smaller competitor has claimed that title. Samir Bannout did it in 1983 @ 5'8" 210lbs.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Ronnie is competing again so he'll win it again.

Cutler will take it after Ronnie bows out

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Ronnie is competing again so he'll win it again.

Cutler will take it after Ronnie bows out
    I agree with anyone who says Ronnie will take again. He looked top notch in Vegas, But what my real question was.

Who will take it after Coleman retires. That gives the other guys about 2 years.

gcode610 is offline New Member

Next Oylmpia

Who do you think will be the next Mr. Oylmpia. And Why? ( after Coleman Retires )

Coleman looks good enough to take it until he retires. But after retirement, you have to give it to Cutler or Jackson. Both pretty young, and look great. I would have said Cormier but the problem with him is, he'll probably retire around the same time Coleman does. And so will Levrone. Those guys aren't young anymore. I would say if Jackson continues to make great gains in two years he will edge Cutler for the crown. Nowadays Cutler seems to be doing too many shows. He should focus on the 3 big dog shows of the year.

Good post...

retired is offline Associate Member
    You might add the qualifier, "from the current group of competitors" to your question. Some of these monsters seem to be coming out of nowhere.

I think that it is fairly open at this point. One of the current top-five will have to make a quantum leap similar to the one that Ronnie Coleman made between the 1997 Olympia and the 1998 Night of Champions (where he beat Kevin Levrone).

Cutler would seem to be an early favorite, but that does not mean very much. Everyone thought that Flex Wheeler or Nasser or Levrone would pick up a Sandow, and it never happened.
    Last edited by retired; 11-24-2003 at 11:35 PM.

Ju-tang is offline Junior Member
    Victor Martinez

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think its gonna be a couple more sandows for Ronnie before its all said and done. In those couple of years, alot could change. When you look at the past, smaller guys like dexter jackson don't do well. Shawn Ray shoulda had a couple, along with Levrone, Wheeler, and Labrada. I don't think the next Mr. Olympia can be less than 270 to be dominant, Dexter Jackson just doesn't have the size, neither does martinez.

As far as Cutler goes, I personally think he should dump Aceto, but thats just my opinion. He'll be top 3 in any show he enters for the rest of his career, but I don't think he can be Mr Olympia, he's got alot but just not enough for the top spot.

My pick, and this is going real far out on a limb because so much can change in the next couple years, is Dennis James. I think he will have the size he needs in a couple years to dominate any of the big boys. And now that he joined forces with Chad, he has already lost 2 inches off his waist so he should be able to be competitive with the jacksons and martinez' if it keeps improving.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I think its gonna be a couple more sandows for Ronnie before its all said and done. In those couple of years, alot could change. When you look at the past, smaller guys like dexter jackson don't do well. Shawn Ray shoulda had a couple, along with Levrone, Wheeler, and Labrada. I don't think the next Mr. Olympia can be less than 270 to be dominant, Dexter Jackson just doesn't have the size, neither does martinez.

As far as Cutler goes, I personally think he should dump Aceto, but thats just my opinion. He'll be top 3 in any show he enters for the rest of his career, but I don't think he can be Mr Olympia, he's got alot but just not enough for the top spot.

My pick, and this is going real far out on a limb because so much can change in the next couple years, is Dennis James. I think he will have the size he needs in a couple years to dominate any of the big boys. And now that he joined forces with Chad, he has already lost 2 inches off his waist so he should be able to be competitive with the jacksons and martinez' if it keeps improving.
    I was just going to put in Dennis James.. this guy is amazing and is young (I think around 34). He has made HUGE improvements and is looking better every year.

retired is offline Associate Member
    When everyone else figures out what Chad did with Coleman to get him in shape at 287lbs, then we will see some freaky sh!t.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Cutler

jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member
    I have to say Victor too, he has one of the best physiques in the IFBB and in two years he is going to be freaky good.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    dennis james

I disagree

[QUOTE=saboudian]I think its gonna be a couple more sandows for Ronnie before its all said and done. In those couple of years, alot could change. When you look at the past, smaller guys like dexter jackson don't do well. Shawn Ray shoulda had a couple, along with Levrone, Wheeler, and Labrada. I don't think the next Mr. Olympia can be less than 270 to be dominant, Dexter Jackson just doesn't have the size, neither does martinez.

I have to disagree with you. Matinez is really a force up and coming. If you look at pictures of him two years ago he looks like another guy. Alot of his muscles were flat and he just wasn't heavy enough. He has gained so much in the last year or so and he is smart. He doesn't over compete and is looking to get his weight up to 255 for the Arnold. Thats the same as Dennis James. Victor Martinez is a body building who could make a jump from 9th to 1st. If he continues to make huge gains, he'll go far. He has great genetics and good symetry.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Cutler. Then me soon enough...I'll be Mr. Olympia when I am 28 years old, which is in 12 years...Ah, I can hear it now. "Here is your new Mr. Olympia 2025!!!"

[/QUOTE] I have to disagree with you. Matinez is really a force up and coming. If you look at pictures of him two years ago he looks like another guy. Alot of his muscles were flat and he just wasn't heavy enough. He has gained so much in the last year or so and he is smart. He doesn't over compete and is looking to get his weight up to 255 for the Arnold. Thats the same as Dennis James. Victor Martinez is a body building who could make a jump from 9th to 1st. If he continues to make huge gains, he'll go far. He has great genetics and good symetry.[/QUOTE] .

Sorry, if Ray,Levrone,Labrada, and wheeler couldn't win, neither will martinez. Not saying he can't do well cuz he is, he just can't win. Dennis is mountains bigger than martinez.
    Last edited by saboudian; 11-25-2003 at 07:14 PM.

Does not make sense

Sorry, if Ray,Levrone,Labrada, and wheeler couldn't win, neither will martinez. Not saying he can't do well cuz he is, he just can't win. Dennis is mountains bigger than martinez.[/QUOTE]

What you are saying just doesn't make any sense. You are saying that since Levrone, Labrada, and Wheeler couldn't win the oylmpia Victor can't either. Then what makes you say Dennis James could. Dennis James is going on 35. And Victor is only 30. I am simply saying that , like Ronnie, Victor could make the jump from 8 or 9th to 1st. I personal believe that if Dexter Jackson continues to grow and make hard gains there is no stopping him. Cutler, James, Martinez, nobody. Dexter my pick in the future but keep in eye on Victor and his possible growth.
    Last edited by Russ616; 11-26-2003 at 09:04 AM.

gcode610 is offline New Member

Martinez or James

Sorry, if Ray,Levrone,Labrada, and wheeler couldn't win, neither will martinez. Not saying he can't do well cuz he is, he just can't win. Dennis is mountains bigger than martinez.[/QUOTE]

I would say that at their current stages Dennis James is a better body builder than Victor Martinez. But I do agree that Victor is young and still a rookie. He has the potential to be something great. I agree that he could go for 9th to 1st. He has made great gains in two years but so has James. James is just older and his competition is much higher. By the time Coleman retires James will be around 37. That doesn't give him much time to be #1. When coleman retires Martinez will be 32. That doesn't even put Martinez in his prime. That's why I would have to say Martinez could go all the way or James

Sorry, if Ray,Levrone,Labrada, and wheeler couldn't win, neither will martinez. Not saying he can't do well cuz he is, he just can't win. Dennis is mountains bigger than martinez.
    What you are saying just doesn't make any sense. You are saying that since Levrone, Labrada, and Wheeler couldn't win the oylmpia Victor can't either. Then what makes you say Dennis James could. Dennis James is going on 35. And Victor is only 30. I am simply saying that , like Ronnie, Victor could make the jump from 8 or 9th to 1st. I personal believe that if Dexter Jackson continues to grow and make hard gains there is no stopping him. Cutler, James, Martinez, nobody. Dexter my pick in the future but keep in eye on Victor and his possible growth.[/QUOTE]

I do not believe that Dexter or Martinez will continue to "grow"

They want to keep the leaner look.. like Shawn Ray.. not have colemans look...
    and the judges at the olympia are lookin for monsters.. not lean guys

Well Big Ol gets the picture....

ya if the NOC woulda been judged by O judges... victor wouldnt have won.. sorry...

But he did

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Cutler. Then me soon enough...I'll be Mr. Olympia when I am 28 years old, which is in 12 years...Ah, I can hear it now. "Here is your new Mr. Olympia 2025!!!"
    So you're 16 and on gear.........

D

Listen

( OUOTE ) I do not believe that Dexter or Martinez will continue to "grow"
    They want to keep the leaner look.. like Shawn Ray.. not have colemans look...
    and the judges at the olympia are lookin for monsters.. not lean guys[/QUOTE]

Victor Martinez doesn't even need to add more size. The guy is around 255 right now and wants to compete in the Arnold around 250. He just needs muscle maturity and time. Don't tell me 250 isn't heavy enough. Victor does not resemble Shawn Ray by any means. Shawn Ray is 5'7 215lbs , Martinez 5'9 250lbs. He is heavier than Levrone and the same "a couple pounds shy" of Chris Cormier's competing weight. They did awesome in their oylmpia showings.

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    I think that Martinez and Dexter have a chance in the future, and I also think that someone even younger may have a chance in the future also, Johnnie Jackson. I'd have to say that he has one of the top 5 best chest's in the sports history and his back is super wide and thick. I think he can do some damage in the future.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    I'm stilled pissed that Cormier will probably never get a Sandow.....I just dont see him puffing up to compare with the 300lbers....It's a shame too....he has some of the best genetics and symetrical development.

D

Alright guys, this is the last time I'm gonna say this, after this I'm done with this thread.

Martinez and Jackson cannot win the Olympia ever. If you need to know why, all you have to do is look at the previous guys with similar impressive physiques that never won. They could do well like the guys i mentioned, but they cannot win at the Olympia.

I said earlier that the next Mr. O cannot be below 270, but I honestly think that the next Mr. O is realistically gonna have to be at least 280-285 and be between 5'7 and 6'. Like Bigol said, even if they could get to that weight, they don't want to.

Dent-Its a shame about Cormier, he has the best genetics in the sport right now with the worst work ethic.

Come on

Martinez and Jackson cannot win the Olympia ever. If you need to know why, all you have to do is look at the previous guys with similar impressive physiques that never won. They could do well like the guys i mentioned, but they cannot win at the Olympia. I said earlier that the next Mr. O cannot be below 270, but I honestly think that the next Mr. O is realistically gonna have to be at least 280-285 and be between 5'7 and 6'. Like Bigol said, even if they could get to that weight, they don't want to.

Listen,
    Please name on person that has been 5 7' and 285. I just need to know. Please...
    And the only reason the other guys never won was because of the current competition.
    Last edited by Russ616; 12-01-2003 at 05:38 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    BIGRON will win as long as he competes. after him, i think that Jackson will win one and maybe Ruhl. I dont really see Jay in the picture anywhere, hes to much of a whiner. and his body isnt as good as jacksons for sure. maybe bigger, but def not better. i think chris cormier has been over looked, he is def better than cutler.

syd
    syd is offline Junior Member
    I think Cutler will be next

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I think flex could take it eventually. He's still fairly young.

But i think Bigol legs will get there... give him 5 years.

Ju-tang is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams

Flex is retired.
    Victor Martinez in 3 years.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ju-tang
    Flex is retired.
    Victor Martinez in 3 years.
    news to me. i don't pay attention to the BB scene, i just always liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams

well atleast I know I got my fan club started....

Vice is offline Associate Member
    I'd like to see Victor Martinez win it.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    When Victor turned pro I said he would be an Olympia someday.....and I believe next year could be the year he does it.

Listen,
    Please name on person that has been 5 7'-6'and 285. I just need to know. Please...
    And the only reason the other guys never won was because of the current competition.
    Ronnie.

To those who think Dexter is better than Jay, just look at Jay's conditioning in 2001.

Crazy

[QUOTE=saboudian]Ronnie.

Are you crazy. Ronnie is 5' 11" . Thats not even close to 5'6" or 5'7". Listen, I don't know anyone who could carry 285lbs at 5' 6". Maybe in the off season but when they jump on stage I don't think there will EVER be a 5'6" 285lb human. Unless he is fat. Be real.

around 5'6" is Dexter Jackson 225lbs, Shawn Ray around 215lbs, Lee Priest 5'4" tight 200lbs. I don't think any of these guys could hold another "SOLID" 70lbs of muscle.

[QUOTE=Russ616]
    Ronnie.

Are you crazy. Ronnie is 5' 11" . Thats not even close to 5'6" or 5'7". Listen, I don't know anyone who could carry 285lbs at 5' 6". Maybe in the off season but when they jump on stage I don't think there will EVER be a 5'6" 285lb human. Unless he is fat. Be real.

around 5'6" is Dexter Jackson 225lbs, Shawn Ray around 215lbs, Lee Priest 5'4" tight 200lbs. I don't think any of these guys could hold another "SOLID" 70lbs of muscle.

dennis james is 5'7" and 272 on stage....

and Arnold himself.. and I quote "there will never be a guy on stage at over 300 lbs.."

Gunther... and markus ruhl is trying to push that envelope also.

[QUOTE=Russ616]
    Ronnie.

I think you just misread what I said, I said between 5'7-6'. Once you're under 5'7, like you said, they just can't pack on enough muscle. Once you're over 6', its a losing battle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information